It's been awhile. - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

It's been awhile.

Hi everybody, it has been almost a year since I have been on the page. We moved out of Forest County and over to Oil City in Venango County. I have been real busy with work and raising the kids so fishing has been on the back burner.

I am really looking forward to getting back out there this season though. I want to fish the Allegheny River as much as possible this upcoming year as well as Oil Creek. I know there are a few posters from this area so let me know if you want to meet up and try to catch some bass sometime.. Or anything else for that matter. Anyways here is a decent Smallmouth I got this summer when I was able to sneak out.

Allegheny River
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 10:27 PM

Re: It's been awhile.

Welcome back Mitch, nice Bass pic by the way, we have a cottage along French Creek near Cochranton, there are some nice Smallmouth fishing long the creek from our place to the mouth of the Allegheny in Franklin... Good Luck this year and keep us updated on the Allegheny fishing....

If you don`t stand behind our Troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them....
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 12:11 AM

Hate to change the topic but I can't resist. My grandparents had a cottage on French Creek just north of Cochranton down Gravel Pit Road off 322. I practically grew up there and every now and then I make a pilgrimage from Chester County just to visit the place, fish at the boat landing where the Coneaught Outlet comes in and think of wonderful times gone by. We should have never sold that place but the family decided to do just that.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsdad
Hate to change the topic but I can't resist. My grandparents had a cottage on French Creek just north of Cochranton down Gravel Pit Road off 322. I practically grew up there and every now and then I make a pilgrimage from Chester County just to visit the place, fish at the boat landing where the Coneaught Outlet comes in and think of wonderful times gone by. We should have never sold that place but the family decided to do just that.
Yep, I know exactly where those cottages are, we looked at a cottage down Gravel Pit Rd. back in 91, before we decided on the one we have now. The name of the boat launch across the creek from your Grandparents cottage is called Shaw`s Landing, and yes the fishing is good at the Outlet. They catch some nice Bass and Walleyes off that point.
..We are just downstream about 1/4 mile just past the French Creek Campgrounds on the Rt.285 side...

If you don`t stand behind our Troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them....
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 08:44 PM

Oh yes, I know that area well, where your place is. Never knew anyone who had a place there but we often passed by. This summer I plan on looking up a canoe or kayak rental up-creek and drifting on down, taking as much time as I can, and do some fishing and camping. I was there about 2 years ago and It's a shame what has happened to Cochranton. WL Dunn is gone and I don't think the theater is open any longer. You know, I think you and I exchanged thoughts on French Creek once before - some time ago. Shaws landing; I actually saw a Bob Cat grab a rabbit there at dusk back in about 1963. Scared the bejebus out of all off us because it happen about 4 feet from our boat!!

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page