Tionesta Creek 7/7 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Tionesta Creek 7/7

After all of the weather of late I was finally able to dust of the waders and head back out onto the creek.. I was beyond excited and after only having one day off of work in the last seventeen, it was a much needed escape. I had never walked this stretch of creek before, only kayaked through it.. I knew of some decent holes but I wanted to explore a little more and I was not disappointed.. I had 20 hits and was able to land 8 smallies total..I should have definetly landed some of the 12 that I lost...It did begin to rain towards the end of my journey but that didnt hurt the fishing.. I was able to sit under a nice group of trees on the creek bank to stay mostly dry anyways..I fished about a total of a mile and even passed a few holes up.. I cannot wait to get back out..Following are a few pictures from my day.. The fish ranged from around 11 to 15-16 inches.. Hope you enjoy..

This was the first hole I fished and on the first cast I pulled out this little guy..

I missed so many fish at the beginning of this hole, I was beginning to get frustrated.. I ended up pulling four out total, after losing at least 4 to start with.

And then lastly I pulled these two out right before I got out of the water.. The last one was the biggest of the day..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 12:28 AM
The Man

Re: Tionesta Creek 7/7

Nice
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 12:30 AM
Frequent Contributor

Very Nice! Glad to see it was fishable.

Gen 21:20 So God was with the lad; and he grew and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 10:29 AM
Part of the Community

Nice! I have a camp in Endeavor and have been really wanting to go up and kayak fish for smallmouth on the tionesta creek. I was thinking about putting in at Kelletville bridge and fishing down to Nebraska Bridge but thats pretty far, I need to take a ride around and see if theres somewhere in between I can take out at.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

There are a few places to take out..maybe consider King Farm.. It's the pull off on the left heading down jug handle road that is marked with The Corps of Engineer signs.. Hope your camp is alright after all of the flooding in Endeavor last week.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 12:27 PM
Part of the Community

Thank you I'll check it out I'm going up this weekend. Ya the camp made it through fine, luckily were up the hill by the church on 666. I saw pictures of the camps/houses right off of 62 onto 666, it didn't look good.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 12:28 PM

Any trout hanging around yet? I fished it about a month ago up around Blue Jay and caught more trout than I could keep track of. I'm heading up this weekend And hoping to get one more decent outing of trout fishing before it gets to warm. That creek has been awfully high for the entire season and I don't think many fish were caught at all..
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Yea I drove through it before they closed the roads off.. It was getting pretty sketchy.. We live up on top of Whig Hill so the flooding doesn't reach us thankfully, but with mayburg being closed off and then 666 also for the day, we were beginning to feel a little trapped.. Good luck on your trip..
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

I don't think many people have been trout fishing at all due to water levels.. Good luck if you make it up that way.. Hopefully all of the trout haven't been washed to Pittsburgh by now.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 11:14 PM
Frequent Contributor

One of my favorite things to do when I go up to camp by myself is; drive to the bottom of Jughandle Rd. with my kayak and bike on truck.Stash my bike in the weeds,drive upstream to Newtown flats and park my truck at the old bridge pillars,throw the kayak in and paddle down to where the bike is.( about 5-6 miles) Sometimes fishing,sometimes just relaxing.Then I stash the kayak where the bike is,and ride the bike back to the truck,put the bike on the rack,drive back down to pick up the kayak.Then head back to camp for a few cold ones!
Bob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page