Glendale Lake - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Glendale Lake

I might be heading out to Glendale this weekend for some bass and panfish. Does anyone know how the bite is and any suggestions on where to go or what to use? I would assume they are close to spawning but I'm not sure.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 08:58 AM
fxd
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Glendale Lake

All the crappie guys seem to be fishing all the downed trees in the water and from shore a lot of guys are at the main marina fishing the pier. As far as bass good luck with that. I've been over four times and catch nothing but 10" fish. Not hearing any good news about the bite. A lot of guys say its weeks behind. You never know though. Good luck
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 01:41 PM

Was out yesterday bite was slow water was cold all the fish we caught were much deeper than they should have been for the time of year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 05:55 PM

Was on the lake yesterday, wind killed us but nice bite from the crappies with a few nice perch. And that was from one tree, others we tried you would get one or two bites. Today was out for 3hrs pick up few nice perch and crappies in 18 to 21'

Resource First, not me first is the sportsmen way...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyg
Was on the lake yesterday, wind killed us but nice bite from the crappies with a few nice perch. And that was from one tree, others we tried you would get one or two bites. Today was out for 3hrs pick up few nice perch and crappies in 18 to 21'

Been using mini's?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014, 09:22 PM

yes, mini's with sm jig head. The fishing has slowed down for a couple of days, I think the lake flipped with all the rain we had. Did find some yesterday and a few between 10 and 12 inches. Heading out Friday...

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 11:44 PM

Found some nice ones here and there. We kept 42 between 3 of us with the bigger ones coming from slate lick. The eagles were sitting at the nest.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

How are you locating these fish? I have been out a few times already and am having a hard time getting into the crappies.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 10:48 PM

Found them at the campground cove in the morning. I keep my pontoon at the lake and took 12 vacation days in may with weekends and holiday, That was about 20 days of fishing. Are set up when they are hard to find is drift along the banks till one is caught then fish that area for a couple more minutes, if we catch more we stay, if not move on. Like yesterday we found them in that area about 3' from shore on a little ledge with a sm stump. Now down at slate lick we found them on one tree.
Now some notes.
Adjust your bobber, Sometimes 6"one way or another makes a big different. And going to no bobber also.

watch the fish, I seen this on tv about how when a crappie is done or about done spawning how black they get. Now at the campground we caught around 8 that were black. Now yes there are black and white crappies and what they were talking about was more color than normal. And with finding them now move to the shores of the deeper part of the lake around the slate lick area.

When google maps had pics of the lake up during draw down, I printed them out and keep them on the boat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page