The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

question on lakes with outboard HP limits

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  justgrad25 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Just bought a boat with a 25 HP merc. However some lakes I notice that there are 10 Hp limits or something like that , or "electric motors only." If i were to go to any of those lakes Do i need to remove my 25 HP merc or can I just roll with my trolling motor???
Thanks guys

#3 ·
Short answer no.

Some electric lakes I've been to want either the fuel tank removed(if possible) or at least disconnected from the engine...others want the gas motor trimmed up while you are there. I disconnect the fuel line, but I don't trim up as I use the gas motor as a rudder on windy days. A good attitude and explanation on why its down is usually enough.

#7 ·
In Cambria Co., there are certain water authority electric only lakes that you need to remove the gas motor and the tank from the boat to be legal. Other electric only lakes in Westmoreland and Fayette Cos., you are ok leaving the tank and motor on the boat as long as you don't use them. Just google up the info. page for the lake you are interested in to make sure of the specific rules for that lake.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.