Trail cam fail... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Trail cam fail...

Anyone having trouble with their wildgame? I've repeatedly set my cam using every sensitivity level and no dice. The model is a w4e and I just can't seem to get the right settings anyone have any suggestions I'm at a loss. I've done test runs with this cam and it's great on pir mode at medium sensitivity. I go to pull the card and the batteries are dead no pics? Card is not locked and new batteries when I put it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 01:42 AM

Re: Trail cam fail...

I am not familiar with this brand of camera, but I have a few suggestions some you may have tried: 1)Check your batteries with a digital meter. Any battery reading 1.0 to 1.2 volt, the camera will not function properly or not at all. New batteries fresh out of the package may have a faulty one. 2)Check to see if your camera was left in the setup position. This happened to me. Result was dead batteries in a very short time. Trail cameras are designed to go into a sleep mode to save battery power and are awakened by movement. In my case leaving the camera in the setup mode, it was powered up full time until the batteries either died or the voltage dropped too low. Also in this mode you do not get pictures, or they are not recorded. 3)Check to make sure your card is : formatted in your computer before using unless a new, unused card. Using a card in a digital camera, the card must be formatted otherwise something in the software or file system changes so as the trail camera does not recognize it. 4)Make sure your card is compatible, that is to say you are not using an SD card where the GB number is too high for the camera to recognize. Older model cameras were limited up to 2 GB.
Doing a check around home, even with a new camera saves a lot of driving and disappointment should the camera or card fail. 5)Try a different brand of card: SanDisk, Lexar, Adapta or Verbatim. 6)If none of these suggestions work, email your camera manufacture, giving make and model and a description of what the camera is doing and what things you have tried. How long was this camera set up from when you last checked it (installed new batteries, changed SD card etc.)? The reason I mention this: some cameras are very hard on batteries. Best of luck.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

1) check
2) check
3) check
4) check
5) check
Well you pinned everything I've already tried... Any other suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 01:48 PM

GOOSE 16: Sorry my suggestions didn't help. At present I can not think of anything else. Hopefully another forum member has some ideas. Good luck.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Thanks LG I'm glad to see other members thinking like I did. Its pointing towards the actual camera itself as being the issue. Thanks again.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 02:23 PM

GOOSE 16: If your camera is still under warranty and you are considering a return, you would have to contact the manfacture, requesting a MRA number (manufactures return authorization number). You then will have to: 1)pay shipping one way at the minimum. 2)submit a copy of your purchase slip. A word of caution: if your camera was purchased off E Bay from a seller that is not an authorized dealer, there is no warranty. Depending where you purchased your camera, some dealers may offer a replacement or up grade if you pay the difference. Some dealers will not offer the full warranty time that the manufacture will. Also some dealers still have to contact the manufacture which takes longer than you going straight to the manufacture. For me, I go straight to the manufacture which cuts down on time. Good luck.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Camera is new enough I can take it to the point place I bought it and I have already made them aware of the troubles. It just seems to take pictures when it wants to. I have it out for the final attempt at getting it to take pictures. If this is a fail I am taking it back and trying something different.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page