Bushnell Trophy Cam Issue - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Bushnell Trophy Cam Issue

I'm not sure what model it is, as I own several, but I'm having trouble with one of my Trophy Cams. The problem is that it won't enter setup. If I move the switch to the "Setup" position, the screen doesn't change from the one where it shows the time stamp, battery life, picture count, etc. If I push the "menu" button, that screen flashes and that's it.

Anyone else have this problem? Poked around online and haven't seen anything and I haven't had a chance to call tech support yet. I've tried a couple different SD cards and made sure they were freshly formatted to no avail.

At least 1 of the cards I've tried is the recommended brand.

"I suppose it is the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 01:29 PM

Re: Bushnell Trophy Cam Issue

Here are a few suggestions if you haven't already tried: 1)Make sure your SD card is unlocked and compatible with your camera. Too large of a GB card and the camera will not work. 2)SanDisk, Adapta, Lexar and Verbatim cards work as I have 7 of the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail cameras using up to 2GB cards. 3)Format your cards in your computer, then again in your camera. If you have viewed the SD card in a Digital camera, sometimes this disrupts the format or file of the card. 4)Check your batteries with a digital meter. If any one battery shows a voltage of 1.0 to 1.2 volt or lower, the camera will not function properly, or not at all. Brand new batteries, fesh out of the package may have a low or faulty one. 5)Check your battery contacts (spring) as these sometimes corrode to a blue-green color. Be very careful cleaning these as they a delicate and if corroded, will break easily. After installing the batteries, I spin the set to make sure they are properly seated. 6)If only running or swapping out 4 batteries, make sure these go into the lower section of the camera. The lower section of 4 are wired in series. The upper section of 4 are wired in series. Now the two sets are wired in parallal which maintains 6 volt (1.5 volt per battery x 4 = 6 volt). For some odd reason the power is drawn from the lower section more than the upper section.
If none of this helps, email Bushnell explaining your problem. Be sure to quote the model and serial number of the camera. This will be found on a label inside the camera. Bushnell may even have a software download to correct this. Best of luck.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Thanks for the help! There are a few things I didn't try that I will before contacting Bushnell! Thanks again!

"I suppose it is the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Banned

Location: The village of Saint Thomas, Franklin County, PA 4B, but most likely hunting in either 4A or 2C

Jeez Louise! I have two Bushnell Trophy Cams that were not working. I used your suggestions, changed the SD card to a one gig SanDisk, entered menu, formated the SD card, and the darned thing is now working. Hey thanks, buddy. Amazing what you can find out on these message boards.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Frequent Contributor

When mine was doing that I just switched it off before trying to enter the setup mode. Seems to work fine doing it that way.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Yeah I always turn my camera off then go to setup mode. Not for any particular reason just always did lol. Never had a problem yet and I hope I don't. I own two bone collector cams.

It's not an addiction, its my passion.
Northumberland, PA
David Wolfe
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Well, I re-formatted the card and moved the batteries to the lower portion of the camera and it started working. Thanks for the help!

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 11:44 AM

Adam ,my Bushnell Trophycam has no issue like that , but there are too many "washout" photos and then others that are too dark that are taken during daylight hours . I don't mean to hijack your thread ,but wondered if you had such problems as well . thanks.....Finn

Enjoy each day afield as if it were your last.....take the time to take it all in !
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Finn, I occasionally get a couple pics like that, but generally it's because of the camera being directed towards the sun. No real problems with night time pics though.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

When you's set up your camera try to face it to the north or south if possible when your out in the open. In the big woods it shouldn't be an issue. I usually get infrared pics until 830am because of the timber. I also wish my trigger speed was quicker on my bushnell trophy cam but otherwise I love them.

It's not an addiction, its my passion.
Northumberland, PA
David Wolfe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page