Need Camera Suggestion - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Need Camera Suggestion

I am no longer going to give Stealthcam my business. I am looking for a new camera. I don't want to spend more than 150 bucks. If you had to choose between the Primos Ultra 35 and the Moultrie M-80XT, which would you choose? Other suggestions and comments are also appreciated. Thanks!

God Bless the USA.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Need Camera Suggestion

Uh well I have seen lots of complaints from Moultrie but I personally don't know, they do appear to take good pics. Best thing to do is use Cabelas customer reviews to pick one. I personally own two Bushnell Bone Collector cams but they have regular 8mp with less features for around $150. My first cam I bought from cabelas for $220 plus shipping. This last time I looked on Amazon and I got the exact same camera for $152 shipped to my door.

So check amazon too before you purchase a cam and maybe Gander Mountain and Dick's just in case.

It's not an addiction, its my passion.
Northumberland, PA
David Wolfe
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 11:52 PM
Part of the Community

I got an old cuddeback, old moultrie and a new bushnell trophy cam. I like the trophy cam the best. The battery life is great on the trophy cam and it takes good photos plus videos. The one I bought cost $229. Got the LCD screen to check pics and help with setup. They offer some cheaper ones. Check the reviews before buying any.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 12:02 AM
Part of the Community

i have 3 moultrie m-80 cameras and i like the picture quality and battery life is great.Also the price is great.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 12:08 AM
Frequent Contributor

You can get the cheap Trophy Cam for about $150. It won't have the viewer and it won't be camo and it won't have a bone collector logo on it but it works just as well. I've had mine for 2 years now and I love it. The batteries last forever and it takes very good pics and video.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 12:17 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have 4 moultrie m 80 blx (black flash) and they take great pics and the battery life is great.I picked mine up on ebay from Vergona outdoors for $154 shipped priority to my door. They are out of Pa.

Blend in or go hungry !!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 01:57 AM

I have 7 of the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail camera. They have given excellent service. Bushnell offers a two year manufacture warranty.
I have 2 of the Moultrie M100 which also has given excellent service. No M80 in stock at the dealer when I purchased these. Lots of good reviews on the M80. Moultrie offers a one year manufacture warranty.
The nice part about either of these cameras, one can use Lithium Ultimate AA batteries in colder weather. These batteries test 1.79 to 1.83 volt with a digital meter.
A word of caution: cameras purchased on Ebay do not have warranty unless the seller is an authorised dealer for the manufacture of the camera that is being sold.
For more reviews check: www.chasingame.com and www.trailcampro.com Good luck in your choice.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 09:01 AM
Banned

Location: The village of Saint Thomas, Franklin County, PA 4B, but most likely hunting in either 4A or 2C

You will probably find issues with any trail camera you choose. I had two Bushnell Trophy cameras out for a couple of years and they took great photos, but both have developed problems. I could probably send them back to get them refurbished, but at my expense. I now have three Moultrie M-80 cameras out. You can see the one problem I have had with only one of the three in another thread. Among the three cameras the only problem that seems to be consistant is that the IR shots taken at night do not seem to have very high resolution. I bought all three cameras on Ebay, and the most I paid for one was less than $130 and that included the metal box that screws on to the tree.

As to Stealthcam, I used to have a couple of them. They worked for awhile but don't anymore. Not terribly pleased with their service. Nuff sed.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 06:54 PM
The Man

If you want blackflash pics, your best bet is the DLC Covert Black 60. If you want blackflash video, your best bet is the Bushnell 119466 which is the 2011 version or the 119476 which is this years version. The 466 has a better sensing but lacks flash range. Does hd video with sound(as does the new version). The 476 has better flash range and faster trigger but more motion blur.

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy JM
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 07:14 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

For $160 you can get 2 Primos truth 35's off amazon.com. Cabelas has the Moultrie M80 on sale for $110 I think. As stated earlier all cams have their shortcomings but since you are on a budget these are two decent cams

Huntin Bucks and Crushin Ducks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page