Concealing Trail Cameras - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Concealing Trail Cameras

I am new to trail cams--This is my first year for using one--Does anybody want to share some of their ways to conceal trail cams to help from being stolen?--I don't think a cable tied around a tree in the open woods is a good idea--Thanks for any response.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 02:42 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Concealing Trail Cameras

Put them up high and angle the cam down to where the animals will be. Pack in a climber and some angle cut 4x4's for the job. It maybe a hassle, but it deters the "common" theif. I have even set them right on the ground with some netting, and placed a few rocks on top and got people walking right by. Nothing is 100%, but just make it not a convient as walking in with bolt cutters to get your cam.

There is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people asking questions.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASUNSHINE
I am new to trail cams--This is my first year for using one--Does anybody want to share some of their ways to conceal trail cams to help from being stolen?--I don't think a cable tied around a tree in the open woods is a good idea--Thanks for any response.
Lock box or security boxes will help and are required if you are setting up in bear country. Some areas do not permit screwing or lag bolting items to trees. Take some time to view some of the posts on this forum and others. Various members have some great ideas from shielding the camera with branches. Others have designed a bark type camouflage to match the tree they are mounting their camera to. All one can do is try to conceal the camera as good as possible. If someone is going to take a camera, they will get it one way or another, or destroy it in the process. Putting your name and address inside may help. Another bit of advice is make sure you can legally set your camera up on the property. If in doubt ask the landowner or conservation first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Regular Visitor

i'm working on something right now.when i get it done i will post it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page