TRAIL CAMERA LESS THAN $75 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

TRAIL CAMERA LESS THAN $75

Well I think I am going to step into the modern era and purchase a trail camera. But I have heard rumors about stolen cameras on public land and the PGC taking cameras. For the private farms that I hunt I have no problem buying a reconyx or cuddieback, but for sgl's I do not want to spend more than $75. Can anyone recommend a camera for less than $75? I have heard Wildview are hit and miss.

THIS HOW I WACK'UM, PACK'UM AND STACK'UM.

VEGETARIANS MAKE THE BEST DINNER.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 11:54 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: TRAIL CAMERA LESS THAN $75

There have been cameras stolen on both public and private land...Place the camera in an area with very little human traffic..I had a bear knock my camera off the tree..
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 01:16 AM
Part of the Community

Break off leaves and branches from trees and put them in between the straps going aroundtp the tree and camera. Basically camouflage it pretty good then it would be less noticeable

20 feet up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 02:37 AM
Frequent Contributor

There isnt too too many trail cams under 75 bucks. If you can be pacient and save your self up another 40 bucks and get a Moultrie M80 they are your best bet at $107.00
http://www.extremesportinggear.com/e...s-cameras.html

I dont use nor have Moultries but they seem to be a great cam for the price. I use Bushnell Trophys but they are about 140.00.

Just camo the camera in good like the other guys said. and dont put it on 4wheeler trails! then your just asking to get it taken. 4wheeler trails are a great place to catch animals walking but they are just to risky. put them elsewhere.

Fishing, Turkey Hunting, Shed Hunting, Archery Hunting yep that's it!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 01:10 PM

I would not recommend buying cheap cameras. To make any money on items like these, the manufacture is not going to put in expensive components.
As for putting cameras in areas where you suspect someone might steal them, why put them there in the first place. If PGC (not positive what this stands for as I am from a different area) is removing them, then (if I'm thinking in the right direction) the cameras had no business being there in the first place.
As mentioned, the Bushnell Trophy Trail camera and Moultrie M80 are excellent. I am using 7 of the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail cameras and 2 of the Moultrie M100 which are a higher version of the M80. Both have worked flawlessly.
Bushnell offers a two year warranty from the manufacture whereas Moultrie offers one year. When set to video, the Moultrie takes a picture first, then the video. Field of view in the video is narrower than in the picture. Moultrie said this is how it downloads. Moultrie night video is limited to 10 seconds. Moultrie said increasing this would be harder on batteries. When emailing, requesting additional information, both companies have provided excellent customer service.
I've used the early version, WildView Ez Cam which only took pictures. Video was not out yet. Excellent daytime pictures, very hard on batteries and poor customer service.
SpyPoint IRB. Excellent daytime picture or video. Two cameras were returned due to video flicker. These were checked out and replaced. Excellent customer service.
Check out pictures and videos submitted on this forum and others, maybe asking the member what there likes and dislikes are.
Lock boxes and camouflage will help. Good luck in your choice.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 01:49 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Spend your time looking at camera reviews.. alot of time. Find past models that are good. chasingame.com is a good one.

I found that stealth cam wd3 was a fanastic cam and going for $35-$80 on ebay. Time had passed and everyone was all about infrared and I picked up about 8 of them over a period of about a year. That's the good thing about technology.. it moves so fast because the market allows it to.. everyone wants the latest and greatest and sometimes it ain't that great !

As for cams getting stolen, I run 8 on state forest from July to at least October for 4-5 years and never had a problem. Many times, I can stop on the road and see them out of the truck. Yeah.. I'm asking it, I know it's coming but thieves can't steal what they can't see. The most traffic my area gets is Saturday. So I pick the cams up every Saturday and move them Saturday late afternoon.

It's a good spot. Just not today.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 11:14 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

go over to wingsupply.com and check out the prices on their cams. i found they are about the cheapest around. I was about to pull the trigger on either a Wildgame Micro 8 or a Primos Truth 35. They were going on public land in bear country so I didn't want to spend a lot of money on them, until I found a better deal from BBO.

Iím a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear
go over to wingsupply.com and check out the prices on their cams. i found they are about the cheapest around. I was about to pull the trigger on either a Wildgame Micro 8 or a Primos Truth 35. They were going on public land in bear country so I didn't want to spend a lot of money on them, until I found a better deal from BBO.
I did a random check on the products they carry. I have several items that were purchased from the manufacture (Bushnell, Moultrie) etc. These are the same products. For those inerested in security boxes, this company has well constructed ones that can be easily opened and closed when checking your cameras. I wish I had found this site earlier for the Bushnell security boxes. bigbear: thanks for the link. Greatly appreciated. Do you happen to know if this company is an authorized dealer for the trail cameras? If not, one could not get warranty from the manufacture. Thanks.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 11:05 AM
New Arrival

You can buy a SG370 which is the same as Covert CA 3.0 at:
http://www.camera4life.com
http://www.everest1stop.com
or on Amazzon/Ebay at $99 TYD.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page