Wildview or Stealth Cam recommendation - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Wildview or Stealth Cam recommendation

I have a Stealth Cam Sniper which I am returning to Stealth cam. They are offering me credit towards a new Wildview or Stealth Cam on their website. Has anyone had good luck with either a Stealth Cam or Wildview digital camera (GSM is the parent company)? Chasingame does not give the GSM cameras good reviews. Would anyone recommend a specific model?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Wildview or Stealth Cam recommendation

i really like my archers choice.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 06:10 PM
Part of the Community

I use a stealth nomad. I have 3 of them and have not had a problem with them. The cam has done well year round. Attached some pics below for your to see. The third pic the deer was walking in front at a quick pace and the camera still captured a few different pics of the deer. Only downfall is they use C batteries.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 01:08 AM

huntsolo: I have had access to 14 of the WildView Ez cam which was the early version. These took pictures and were out before video. Four of these were returned to the dealer for replacements. When these cameras worked they took excellent day time pictures. These cameras are large, using 6 "C" batteries. The cameras were very hard on batteries. I switched to the 12 volt external port, using 300 series Energizer batteries similiar to ones used in a ride on lawn tractor. I admit this is an expensive, cumbersome setup. When the cameras came out with the video function, I sold these, going to 2009 Bushnell Trophy Trail Camera, Moultrie D55-IR, Moultrie GameSpy M100 (a higher version than the M80) and SpyPoint IRB. Of these my first choice is the 2009 Bushnell, followed by either Moultrie M80 or M100 as a close second. The Moultrie cameras, when set for video, take a picture first, then the video. Field of view is narrower in the video than in the picture. Moultrie said this is how it down loads. Moultrie is limited to a 10 second night video. When I purchased my D55-IR, they said they had no intention to extend night video because it was harder on batteries. Moultrie offers a one year warranty, whereas Bushnell offers two years. The warranty is from the manufacture, not the dealer. Both companies have given excellent customer services with any emails I have sent. You may find buys on EBay, but unless they are authorized dealers, there is no warranty.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 02:43 AM
New Arrival

You might want to try these places for all your trail camera needs:
http://www.camera4life.com
http://www.everest1stop.com

The 2009 Bushnell Trophy cam was made by the same manufacturer. And in 2012, they released the Long Range models, which perform really well on cold winters. Picture quality is like no other.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page