Cuddeback Dual - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By cspot

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Cuddeback Dual

Anyone here have anything good or bad about these? Been looking for reviews but haven't found
much to persuade me one way or another. I've been a Bushnell and Browning guy - and have never had
a plan through a cell service to get any pics sent to my phone. The idea of only paying one plan for
multiple cams sort of got my attention.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 09:44 PM

never used a cuddeback trail camera , but I think that they are good camera from what I heard . I mostly use Moultree and Wildgame cameras , they work well for when we use them
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walnuttree View Post
Anyone here have anything good or bad about these? Been looking for reviews but haven't found
much to persuade me one way or another. I've been a Bushnell and Browning guy - and have never had
a plan through a cell service to get any pics sent to my phone. The idea of only paying one plan for
multiple cams sort of got my attention.

I have had the Cuddelink system for a couple of years. It works great sending all the photos back to the home camera. The downside is the battery life really stinks, but there is now some improvements by either adding solar with rechargeable batteries (if your in a full sun situation or their is external battery packs that will extend life. That being said you are going to spend more money on batteries than you would with a standard trail cam. However I think all cell cams don't have the greatest battery life.

I just recently added the dual cell camera to my system so that I get pictures emailed back to me. So far it seems to be working very well. It is nice that you can have several cams on one plan.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 08:03 AM

Cspot is there any way to remotely know if the batteries need replacing? Any other input on the Cudde wireless system? I have some older cudde's and I like them, thought of an upgrade to a half dozen of these to keep my scent intrusion way, way down. I haven't seen many threads in HPA on them.

Sadly most of my life has been wasted, but the rest I spent hunting, fishing, and trapping...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularJoe View Post
Cspot is there any way to remotely know if the batteries need replacing? Any other input on the Cudde wireless system? I have some older cudde's and I like them, thought of an upgrade to a half dozen of these to keep my scent intrusion way, way down. I haven't seen many threads in HPA on them.

With a cell cam as the home cam you will get a report everyday which will tell you how many pics, how many battery days, and if your battery is ok or not for each camera. If you want to do some reading which has a ton of information good cuddback cuddelink on the "all things habitat forum". There is a thread that is over 100 pages long. There is a cuddeback rep on there a fair amount that will answer questions. Like I said it is a great system, but you are going to have to get some sort of external power or else you will be replacing batteries about every 30-40 days from my experience.
RegularJoe likes this.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 08:53 AM

Thank you for the info, I will look it up.

Sadly most of my life has been wasted, but the rest I spent hunting, fishing, and trapping...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page