Moultrie trail cam. question - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Moultrie trail cam. question

Just got moultrie trail cam...Mod. M40 set it up in house to test it before I put it out in field...all pics have a big black wide stripe covering half the picture. Like you would hold your hand over half the lense....but there is nothing in front of the camera.....anyone ever run into this...if so, how did you fix it. Thanks in advance......very disappointed in Moultrie. petejc

4 years U.S. Navy 61 to 65
30 Years Pa. State Trooper
NRA Life Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 12:07 PM

Send it back for a swap.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 12:52 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Call there customer service and they will run you through a couple things to reset it or they will have you send it in to them and they will replace it !
I have and run 14 Moultrie cams and have had very good luck with them all ! They have a very good CS team and will take care of you ! It could just be a faulty part and nothing that Moultrie did or has controll over ! If they take care of the problem for you then they did there part ! They don't fix them anymore so they will replace it with a new one !

Blend in or go hungry !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 07:46 AM
Regular Visitor

I would try to reformat the sd card in the camera and see if that fixes it. Or see if there is a Firmware update on their website and see if that helps. If those do not work, as stated previously, call customer service or return it from where you bought it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 08:03 AM
Part of the Community

I would just return it. I have three i40 and never had a problem. Moultrie is quick to exchange a bad unit. You could ask the question on the moultrie forum.

https://forums.moultriefeeders.com/c...e-game-cameras
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 08:26 AM
Part of the Community

Iíve had a few Moultrie cams and my CS experience with them turned me away from them. One cam was stolen (M880) another went out of focus and only half the flash would fire, out of warranty. They gave me a few suggestions, none worked so it went in the trash. The one that turned me off ran wild. Took pics until batteries died and or card was full. In warranty period. I sent back the cam and they sent me a REFURB, after 6 weeks passed. I sent them the exact verbiage from their warranty and they never responded. I still have my original M80XT and it takes fine pics, but the other experience(s) put me off. Iíve moved on to Primos, Covert and Stealth. Havenít needed their CS (yet) but cams work great. I hope your experience is better than mine!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page