SD card readers - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By C R O W

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

SD card readers

Got a stealth cam sd card reader last winter for my iPhone and it worked fine and then tried it again yesterday and it initially worked while checking cameras then I tried it on my third camera and it would not read it.Tried ones I already looked at and it just will not work now.powered phone down and also deleted app and wanted to try and do a reinstall and it seems it just won't connect with phone..Any thoughts or ideas other than it being no good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 10:12 PM
New Arrival

Make sure you update the firmware on the actual reader itself. I had this happen to me also while in the field. I tried a different SD card and it worked. I deleted all the pictures off the SD card that didn't work, reformatted it in the field, and voila, it worked again. Try that out. If that doesn't work, I have 3 Stealth cam SD readers I won't use. PM me your address and I'll send you one.

I currently have an iPhone 6s using the stealth cam reader and iBrary. My cards never read unless I take the darned stick out and stick it back in again.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 10:26 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Skip out on all those readers. Spend the 30$ directly from Apple for their SD card reader and be done. It works flawlessly every time. Iíve even washed mine and it continues to work. No software needed, it exports directly to your photo gallery.
ruger_357 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C R O W View Post
Skip out on all those readers. Spend the 30$ directly from Apple for their SD card reader and be done. It works flawlessly every time. Iíve even washed mine and it continues to work. No software needed, it exports directly to your photo gallery.
It works well, but I also kinda like the Stealth Cam that I have. I use the Apple at home and I keep the Stealth Cam at camp.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappin4skins View Post
Make sure you update the firmware on the actual reader itself. I had this happen to me also while in the field. I tried a different SD card and it worked. I deleted all the pictures off the SD card that didn't work, reformatted it in the field, and voila, it worked again. Try that out. If that doesn't work, I have 3 Stealth cam SD readers I won't use. PM me your address and I'll send you one.

I currently have an iPhone 6s using the stealth cam reader and iBrary. My cards never read unless I take the darned stick out and stick it back in again.
Thanks for the offer.I called the service # for the reader and they told me the " i Easy drive" App was no longer good and had issue 2 months ago and are sending me a new reader for free that uses another App.It may be the ibrary also,he told me the name and I forgot already.I believe they no longer market the reader I have where the card goes in the back.It is strange that it worked when I tried it two days ago for the first two cards I put in then none afterward?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 08:04 PM
New Arrival

I bought four 2 packs of stealth cams at Sams club. I have 4 readers that came free with the camera's. I use one of them. I updated the firmware and was testing them before I went to my camp, which is pretty remote. I wanted to make sure everything worked as it should. Low and behold I didn't test all my SD cards because I just bought them and figured they would just work. The cam wouldn't take pictures on the one SD card I put in, and the reader wasn't doing anything either. I took that one out, put a new SD card in and voila. There's a lot of common issues, and in lieu of everyone crying wolf online to forums whenever their stuff doesn't work as they assumed it would when purchasing it. Sometimes it's just the 1% of stuff that just doesn't work for whatever reason. Anyways, I'll still ship ya a reader. If you have an iPhone download the "Ibrary" app. It does the job. Good luck this season!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg STC_0030.jpg (1.19 MB, 1 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page