Cuddeback Cuddelink - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Cuddeback Cuddelink

Ok. I have had these cameras for a few weeks. The jury is still out on these as I have to see what the battery life and such is.

Here is what I bought. With being a member I ordered these on a double discount and free shipping. Only paid about $620 for the 4 pack.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...gg_q=cuddeback

For those that don't know the system, bascially it takes pics and sends them all back to a home camera. From the home camera you can check all of the images from all cameras. The one's from the remote camera will be a thumbnail. If you want the full size pic then you have to go to the camera.

One con to these is that the setup is a little involved. There is a ton of options on these cameras. The instructions are good though, but there is an order in which you have to deploy the cameras. Once you learn how it works it really isn't that bad. At first though it seems complicated. They could improve the "user friendly" features of this camera.

Also I had one bad camera in the 4 pack. It took constant pictures even without being triggered. Cuddeback did replace it and paid for the shipping.

The home camera was setup at the cabin basically as a survelence. It didn't take any pics except me when I checked it. Below is a couple of pics of the thumbnails from the remote cameras. You can definitely look at the pics and see what you are getting on cameras.

Untitled by cspot12, on Flickr

It also has a pic for each camera that give you the status when you check the home camera. You can also check the status thru the camera too.

So far I am happy with them. This will work well for camp as I can check the cams from the cabin when I arrive on Friday or Saturday night without having to disturb anything. It will also keep from as much intrusion during the summer for cam checks.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!

Last edited by cspot; 02-03-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 09:11 PM
New Arrival

Thanks for the review. Have been thinking of getting some.
cspot and another_pilgrim like this.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 01:13 PM
New Arrival

Curious as to how much ground you are covering with them. Is the 1/4 mile range pretty accurate in forested areas. I'm a fan of their concept, just curious as to how effective they are. Thanks for your info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA predator View Post
Curious as to how much ground you are covering with them. Is the 1/4 mile range pretty accurate in forested areas. I'm a fan of their concept, just curious as to how effective they are. Thanks for your info.

That is one thing that I didn't test out. When I get a chance when I am down there I will take a camera and walk around with it to see when I lose range. With my GPS I should be able to get some fairly accurate distances. Of course when the foliage gets on I am sure that will cut it down a little too.

Right now my farthest camera is about 1/4 mile and the signal is about 78 out of 99. They recommend it being above 20.
PA predator likes this.

post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 09:55 PM

I hope they work great for you.I had a cuddeback a long time ago and never again.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 04:28 PM
New Arrival

I had 5 of them given to me back in September, okay cameras but the required 12 AA batteries is a lil much. I was only able to get 44-46 days and 250-260 pics. Will be sticking with the Bushnell Trophy cameras, 8AA batteries and over 1000 pics.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullfan jr View Post
I had 5 of them given to me back in September, okay cameras but the required 12 AA batteries is a lil much. I was only able to get 44-46 days and 250-260 pics. Will be sticking with the Bushnell Trophy cameras, 8AA batteries and over 1000 pics.
The battery life is a concern, but I know I am well over the pics that you were getting on the one camera and am closing in on the days. I have el cheapo batteries in right now too since I am just testing. They were either family dollar or dollar general brand.

In PA I will still be using my Browning cams. The Cuddelink though works out really well for our Ohio Camp.

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2018, 06:49 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

cspot just watch using cheapo batteries in your cams because I did that last year and some of them leaked battery acid and ruined one of my cameras plus I had to order a tray for one of my other cameras !!

Blend in or go hungry !!
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2018, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLAB View Post
cspot just watch using cheapo batteries in your cams because I did that last year and some of them leaked battery acid and ruined one of my cameras plus I had to order a tray for one of my other cameras !!
Thanks. I didn't think of that.

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 05:03 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspot View Post
Thanks. I didn't think of that.
I buy mine off Ebay ! Got 120 Duracell pro for $45 and free shipping !
cspot likes this.

Blend in or go hungry !!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page