Trail Cam and Bears ? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Trail Cam and Bears ?

I went and checked cams this morning and one of the cams was open and turned upside down at base of tree but still attached to tree and SD card still in place. I been getting pics of a bear on this cam and being in 2A we have never recorded a bear kill in 2a so there not common. my ? is you guys that are in bear country do they mess with trail cams? I don t think it was another person cause they could of just stole it or at least the card.and also the screen had scratches on it and the card did"nt have any pics on it so im not sure what happen any ideas thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 06:54 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Had a guy flip a cam around once. It ruined the cam, donít know if he slammed it into the tree or what. What he doesnt know is I got a pic of his face from about 4 feet from other cam he walked by. He was coming out of the woods as i was going in. Tracks in the snow from his buddies vehicle to my first cam, then passed my second cam. Been 3 years, havenít seen him since but have seen his buddy. Still got his pic in my glove box.

To answer your question, bears get my cams often. Most times they are at the bottom of the tree sometimes upside down.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 07:14 PM
The Man

Everything is a toy when you're a bear...

Bigfoot saw me but nobody believes him!
5D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

thanks hightine im thinking that's what happened I should rephrase it im in Greene co 2a no bears have been recorded here and this bear been looking at my cam and I haven't checked it since the 11 of nov so I don t have any experience with a bear and cams. I should have got my bear tag as I could have dusted him with my bow a couple times this archery season when archery bear was in.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 11:54 PM
Part of the Community

Its when you dont see the bear when my cameras get taken down, and its always a bear that takes them down. I now have cameras, taking pictures of other cameras to figure this stuff out.
I had a bear tag last year, not enough time to hunt them. Then again, i only see them when i dont want to.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 12:00 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I lost 3 cams to bears this year. I have private ground so I don't blame it on theft. I also had claw marks on the trees.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 01:29 AM

I hate bears when it comes to ground blinds and trail cameras. I pretty much never let my cams go more than 2 weeks without being inspected now. Usually they're on the ground, or twisted, sometimes just ripped apart. I had one last year that a logger took down before he cut tree down and left it in the stump. I finally found it a couple hundred yards away. That bear came back a couple nights in a row and rolled it around playing with it.

"live and learn, and then catch fish"
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Well I pulled the cam today while rifle hunting walked by it in am and it was working so I pulled it due to no data on screen. just looked at card and sure enough it was a bear cam still works but no screen so pretty much ruined since I can t do date or time or anything for that matter unless I remember to not let battery die which probably won t happen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page