Wireless trail cameras - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Wireless trail cameras

I am looking for some firsthand recommendations for a camera that is compatible with a Verizon plan. Reliability and picture quality and ease of operation. Cost of monthly plans. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 07:07 AM

I have been looking hard at those cuddelink cameras but hate to be among the first to take the plunge. Still have to check one cam with them but the idea of staying out of my woods to check the rest has my attention.

Sadly most of my life has been wasted, but the rest I spent hunting, fishing, and trapping...
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 01:36 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I had 5 of the New Cuddilink cameras given to me. I was only able to get 2 into the woods and one here in the house. The cameras take great pics, I have one about 1/4 mile and the other 1/8 mile from the house where the home camera is located. On a side note the cameras take 12 AA batteries, one on my cameras took 264 pics in 44 days. The first pic on the home camera memory card is the Cameras info such as location, battery strength and signal strength.

I have noticed the Home camera will click when it receives a pic from another camera. I'm not sure I would spend 200.00 per camera though. I still like my bushnell trophy cameras, I get almost a year and 1000 pics on 8 batteries. The Cuddelink cameras would be great if you did not want to disturb the area near the camera.

The reason I was given the cameras is back in June I was involved in a bad vehicle accident and dang near lost my right leg. A friend of mine owns a Archery shop located in Crawford county, He knew how much I enjoyed running my cameras and knew I would not be able to do it. Knowing I would enjoy being able to check the cameras from home he gave them to me.

My son was able to set two of the cameras prior to him leaving.

Don't Gobble at me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 01:40 PM
Frequent Contributor

I had a bushnell that was great until it was stolen. This used AT&T but I did all the payments through bushnell.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 11:24 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I have the exact same question as sparkchaser. Any other suggestions?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 08:05 AM
Frequent Contributor

I was looking at getting another one and the HCO seems to get decent reviews also. https://www.trailcampro.com/collecti...-trail-cameras
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 08:08 AM
Banned

I had an hco it worked very good it was Verizon service then it was stolen.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullfan View Post
I had 5 of the New Cuddilink cameras given to me. I was only able to get 2 into the woods and one here in the house. The cameras take great pics, I have one about 1/4 mile and the other 1/8 mile from the house where the home camera is located. On a side note the cameras take 12 AA batteries, one on my cameras took 264 pics in 44 days. The first pic on the home camera memory card is the Cameras info such as location, battery strength and signal strength.

I have noticed the Home camera will click when it receives a pic from another camera. I'm not sure I would spend 200.00 per camera though. I still like my bushnell trophy cameras, I get almost a year and 1000 pics on 8 batteries. The Cuddelink cameras would be great if you did not want to disturb the area near the camera.

The reason I was given the cameras is back in June I was involved in a bad vehicle accident and dang near lost my right leg. A friend of mine owns a Archery shop located in Crawford county, He knew how much I enjoyed running my cameras and knew I would not be able to do it. Knowing I would enjoy being able to check the cameras from home he gave them to me.

My son was able to set two of the cameras prior to him leaving.
Are you still liking the Cuddelink cameras? I see on their website there will be some changes next year. Looks like they will have a home station that is not a camera where the pics all come into. It would be cheaper than buying a camera. Hoping maybe they will come down in price next year or some other companies will have a similar setup.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 05:18 PM

Fullfan I am sorry to hear about your accident bud, that has got to be rough to deal with not getting in the woods, and not being able to get around, how you doing with your re-hab? Did you get out to hunt yet or will you at all? I live up crawford county way and if you need help with anything before the real winter sets in, holler. I always enjoyed your big buck pictures and the stories and advice that came with them.

The basic cuddeback cameras similar to the cuddelinks I have had good luck with, I have three that are three years old that run from July velvet to antler shed on one set of 8 AA batteries. I think mine are the E series with black IR flash. I have some blurry pics of fast moving bucks at night on trails but most of the time at a scrape I get great night photos and can identify the individual buck and keep track of repeat visits pretty easy. I would be curious to know what you think of those cameras after using them for a bit, and if you had anything that stuck out as a bad habit they may have or anything else you care to offer.

Sadly most of my life has been wasted, but the rest I spent hunting, fishing, and trapping...
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 08:28 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

cspot. The cameras are okay, but the fact that 12 AA batteries only took 240-266 in 44 and 46 days will become very expensive over time. I like the Bushnell trophy cameras, 8 AA batteries lasting a year or more taking 1000's of pics. And at 200.00 for each cuddeback is a bit pricy, I can get two of the Bushnell cameras for that price.

Joe, Recovery is and has been slow so far. Just taking it one day at a time for now. Archery season was spent in a wheelchair looking out the window of the house. My son had been checking cameras for me, and knowing there were two slammers out there was a big pill to swallow. Only was able to hunt once, Father inlaw chased some deer around for me. Tough getting around on crutches in the woods. And watching the crew I elk hunt with leave to hunt Idaho was very pain full. Looking forward to Spring Gobbler season...

Joe I also appreciate the offer to help if I needed anything. All is good here as I have had a ton of friends as a support system. You are always welcome to stop if you are south of Lake Wilhelm tho.

My first hand opinion on the cuddelink cameras, Not something I would run out and be excited about. They would eat up so much $$ in batteries it would not be fun. They did take good pics both day and night, and at 200.00 each I find them a little pricy.

Don't Gobble at me...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page