• 1 Post By WOL
  • 1 Post By WOL
  • 1 Post By WOL

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

Lugnut August 15th.

Pretty much done. Although, he has a little dark and shiny on the very end of the right main beam. Maybe it gets that extra inch to match the left. Either way, this is pretty much what he is going to look like.....minus the velvet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lugnut aug 15 2017 head on.JPG (56.0 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg lugnut 15 aug 2017 profile.JPG (50.8 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg lugnut 15 aug 2017 quarter away.JPG (51.1 KB, 90 views)
little antlers likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 09:40 PM
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for posing for us again Lugnut. I hope you pose for us again with your velvet off before you go off the grid again! Good luck this year WOL. I hope this is the year!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 09:50 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Nice one right there. I'd like to see a pic with your tag in his ear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

I better not put the tag on his antler and post it on the net.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 04:44 AM
Frequent Contributor

Oh, just zip-tie a tag to one of those antlers.... LOL.... come on, does it really matter?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 08:19 AM

Wow that spread gets me every time. I am really surprised at how many daylight pictures you get of him. I hope you nail him this year. Do you have any idea where he beds? It's gotta be close to that cam site with all those daylight pictures.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Wow that spread gets me every time. I am really surprised at how many daylight pictures you get of him. I hope you nail him this year. Do you have any idea where he beds? It's gotta be close to that cam site with all those daylight pictures.
We are on a mountain top. A few hundred yards away is the edge. Some cliff, some steep mountain-side with some benches. The last 50-100 yards of land is thick mountain laurel with ankle-breaking boulders underneath it. I suspect he in the laurels on the edge of the cliff. Complete concealment and he can work the thermals. It's a pretty vast area, though. On the way, there is also overgrown clear cut and blueberry thickets. Literally, hundreds of acres of what the experts would call "bedding cover".

Only 279 pictures this week. He was there one day for 5 pictures. Earlier in the summer, I would get 1000-1200 pictures in a week. He would be there every day and night. The deer are changing patterns. He will be out of velvet in 2-3 weeks and then he will be night boy.

Camera goes to my new stand site tomorrow. No corn or anything. Just the camera. I won't touch it until the season starts. My stand is in a little swampy area between open hemlock and overgrown clear cut. All the trail combine there and then branch out again on the other side. I'm hoping that's the pinch point for deer going from the laurels/cliff to the areas they hang out at night.
GobbleBuck likes this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Oh, just zip-tie a tag to one of those antlers.... LOL.... come on, does it really matter?
You could post a picture of a terminally ill child, with his father who is a minister and grandfather is a WWII vet. If the tag was on the antler instead of the ear, some chooch would post: "that deer isn't tagged correctly".

This is more common with bigger deer. C'mon. You know it's true.

Jesus himself would be persecuted online if he posted that he put a glow-in-the-dark thumb tack in a tree.
GobbleBuck likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page