Black out, sound proof camera. Is there really one??? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Black out, sound proof camera. Is there really one???

I'm looking for suggestions for a total black out camera, with no audio click to the human ear and NO AUDIO CLICK to the deer's ear.
I haven't had one yet that is undetectable.
(no, there was no scent on the camera.)
If you found one, I would appreciate it if you would share that with us, or me if you prefer.
Thank you!

Good Sanctuary vs. Good Food Plot
Sanctuary wins by a first round Knockout!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 03:47 PM

Reconyx hyperfire. There is no way to tell if a pic was taken.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 12:06 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have all Moultrie black flash cams and you can't see them or hear them !

Blend in or go hungry !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
The Man

If anyone could sent me some pics, I'd really appreciate it. Please don't think I don't trust you on this. I just want too see some of the nighttime photos for quality too. PM me and I'll give you my email address.
Thank you very much.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 04:05 PM
Frequent Contributor

running camera's since the late 90's with 35 mm film, never had any issue's with noise of cam being an issue,(will admit some are SUPER LIUD< but they also IMO tend to be the cheap one's which I don;t use that much of)
if anything I hate to say it, they some times help get pic's, as the animals will LOOK at the cam at times? and you can get a better view of things?

your choice to have what you want, and get that

was just saying, its easy to get caught up into things that really don't make that big a difference overall?

the Buck eye cam's I had, I do NOT recall them making any sound, but they were far from cheap so?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Although small, I have a nice producing sanctuary. I'm trying to let some big bucks get bigger. One problem I've noticed, is that they sometimes get spooked by infrared cameras, the internal click of the camera taking the picture. One blackout camera did not make any "click" that the human ear could hear, but those big bucks could hear it.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 12:45 PM
Frequent Contributor

HAHA, and mean this light heart'd
, but you must have have some spooky deer if they will leave a sanctuary over a small CLICK noise

I have gotten pic;s of BIG older bucks bedded in front of my cam's pressured lands , but where the bed is SAFE to them, and as such they will stay PUT when dangers go by pretty close, due to they feel SAFE, the noises IMO< they go numb to

I live near a shooting range, and seen deer feeding in food plots next to it while folks be shooting LOL
and some dandy bucks, as gun club planted food plots next to range

but as I said before, you can sure pick what you like and go for it

I just know some times we can get caught up in over thinking things and pointing out, even BIG bucks, get used to things and if safety is there, they will choose safety over a small CLICK| I would think going in to check camera's would be more of a an issue than the sound a cam makes , as long as its NOT super noisey

as would be scent of camera(plastic does smell, so will scent from your hands and you being there)

A lesson I learned a LOT from BEARS
there nose is 10 times better than a deers
if you handle a camera after eating, I have lots several cam's before I started wearing rubber gloves now to check and set them up, from a bear being curious to what a camera smells like
NOW all cams get descented, before going out, even battery's

and have yet to loose a cam to a bear since LOL
crooks now?? another story
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 01:27 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I will look to see if I have any still pics because I keep mine on video mode and get alot more deer on them !
Did you see the video on you tube about testing deer hearing cameras ? They put out cameras that didn't even have batteries in them and some of the deer spooked from them ! Its just the site of the cameras ! I have never had deer react to mine like that !

Blend in or go hungry !!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Unfortunately I had one leave a couple years ago. Really wide 8, but very short points. Big deer, I'd say 3.5 y.o. min.
Three years later he was dead. About 2 miles the way the crow flies, which isn't a lot of distance, but it wasn't on my hunting area.
He was now 26" inside, massive heavy rack, but still stubby little points. Those small points is what I believe matched this deer.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 11:12 PM
Regular Visitor

Browning Dark Ops BTC-8FHD. I can't hear it when I walk up to pull the card. There is no flash, glow or any type of blinking light or LED
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0847.jpg (574.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0817.jpg (383.0 KB, 12 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page