The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

We finally got our own little camp (POTTER)

8K views 37 replies 35 participants last post by  Buzzsaw 
#1 ·
Been looking for several years finally found what we were looking for in Potter County.We will name it (Tall Timbers Camp) get the keys in two weeks we are all excited.Borders state forrest can ride four wheeler from camp to Lyman Run.

See less See more
#14 ·
Looks like that'd "do in a pinch"? Congrats and best wishes.

Somewhat familiar with that general area as I've been going over there since I was a little twerp and still visit there each Memorial Day weekend. My paternal grandparents are buried near Germania Station and I generally go up through Lyman Run SP on the way back over to Rt. 6 again.

Have noticed there appears to be some extensive ATV trails in the area, because there is much activity around the park and over to Potato City.

Some friends with camps in the area tell me deer numbers are down a bit in many parts of the Susquehannock SF, but one in particular claims there are no deer at all over there now.

'Course he was saying the same thing 20 years ago, too?

#17 ·
DennyF said:
Looks like that'd "do in a pinch"? Congrats and best wishes.

Somewhat familiar with that general area as I've been going over there since I was a little twerp and still visit there each Memorial Day weekend. My paternal grandparents are buried near Germania Station and I generally go up through Lyman Run SP on the way back over to Rt. 6 again.

Have noticed there appears to be some extensive ATV trails in the area, because there is much activity around the park and over to Potato City.

Some friends with camps in the area tell me deer numbers are down a bit in many parts of the Susquehannock SF, but one in particular claims there are no deer at all over there now.

'Course he was saying the same thing 20 years ago, too?

your friend is right.sus and tioga have very few deer.but if he was not seeing deer say in the 80;s then he needed some help hunting.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.