The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

THE AMISH

10K views 43 replies 25 participants last post by  Flintlock 
#1 ·
was sitin the tree stand watching about 8 deer just feeding as they were walking up the hill towards.i seen them coming from about 250yrds 40 minutes later 90 yrds them here comes the amish 21 of them and there goes the deer no shot thanks to them went and askked them where they camme from they said mercer and they had a driver driveing them around lookin for woods with no posted signs think i should hang them on my deer pole

#4 ·
You know, I am a pretty easy going hunter, but that right there would have had me burning up man
So they just drive around and jump out and hunt if there isn`t a No Hunting sign? You gotta be kidding me
Was there really 21 of them with flintlocks? That is even crazier!!

#18 ·
i have been in areas where the amish came in. 3 years ago i was hunting in ohio and there were 3 vans full of amish. they push the area out and moved on and so did the deer. years ago i was hunting in mercer county and the amish came in on this property i was hunting on. the owner who was hunting with us was ticked off and ran them off his property. he said the amish don't allow hunters on their property, but tresspasses on others property. so the amish are not really like in some areas.

#20 ·
I have no problem with them hunt with them buck and bear seasons, the only way to get a group of guys together to drive yet, kids today won't do that bill jordan and stan potss don't advertise driving for deer, doesn't sell scentblocker and all that stuff. everybody blames them for not seeing deer and they shoot everything, they are easy to blame cause they won't argue to defend themselves, if we used 10 percent of their virtues and values our family lives in america would be dramatically improved

#23 ·
moosemike said:
I know better than to post anything against the Amish on HPA. I've had my posts deleted in the past and now all I can say is GO AMISH!
I have Yet to Bash the Amish for there is Good Amish and Bad Amish, JUST LIKE there are Good "English" and Bad "English" to the Amish!

All I can say is...I sure wish other Moderators were like Bluetick and stopped things when it comes to bashing the Amish when it comes up for they are no different then us "English" Folks.....some of them do wrong and some do right as much as they can and try not to do wrong!!!!!

YES, we have a Trespassing Problem in PA that needs to be delt with, But to Single out 1 type or Religion or Sect and let it go on and on is far from Right!

#24 ·
iam not bashing the amish at all just sayin the way they acted was not what we as hunters/ landowners / or anyperson in the outdoor feild somebody does something wrong or god forbid gets killed the nonhunting org are all over us and trying to have the land owners start posting land then what have to pay to hunt or quit because no more avible land

#25 ·
From the places I have hunted where there was an amish population there was a corresponding lack of a deer population. I live not 5 miles from where that one amish fellow with all his virtues gutted his wife with his two children in the house. There aren't many deer to hunt there either. I don't like the cleveland browns all that much nor do I like amish folks methods of hunting. A good amish person to me lives in Lancaster area, far from here.

#26 ·
we have a problem in Bradford County as well. The Amish up here hunt year around, my wife and son went for a walk Thanksgiving day. we walked down this no winter maitence road, and in front of us was crossed an amish with his bow,as soon as he saw us he took off running with his bow and 3 children following,

They shoot dear on other peoples property all year long, when we are at work they are out shooting deer.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.