Grandsons & the spirit . - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Grandsons & the spirit .

I have 4 of them and only 2 have the Spirit in them !
They are from 7 to 21 years old . The 21 year old is one very good woodsman . He finds deer and fish all the time . I have not gone with him in a few years but I had watched him deer hunting and going thru the woods. He looked like an Indian stalking .
He missed the first 5 days of Buck this past season due to his schooling ? He is in his second year of Nursing . He came home the first Saturday and would you not know it he got a 6 point ! He got a doe in inline season also .
My oldest son took him under his wing to teach him to hunt from when he was 11. The boy is my daughters son.
My youngest son has a boy who is just turned 7 and he has the Spirit. He just loves to go to the woods with his dad . He can pick deer out in the woods and can't wait to be able to go hunting with his father ! He now is a very good shot with a 22 and won't quit tell all the shells are gone !
Now the other 2 ? The one has no one to take him and show him the outdoor life. He lives too far from us to teach him.
The other one is 16 and is the same as a slug ! Lays around playing with his phone and doesn't want even go out side ? He lives far away also.
I just feel that a young person who doesn't or can't get out into the outdoors will miss a lot of the good life ! I love being surrounded by trees rather than buildings ! The walking up a brushy hill rather that a short cut down an alley. Crossing a creek and not a street . Seeing Chickadees rather than Pigeons .

Well maybe that is just me .

WILLY P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page