Looking for a waterfowl buddy - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Looking for a waterfowl buddy

Hi,

I just moved back to PA because my dad went over seas for a year. We did some goose and duck hunting down in MD when he was stationed at Annapolis. Im looking for anyone who might be able too help me out. Im only 16. I have duck decoys, calls and waders. Any help is welcome.
Thanks,
Ryan

2012-2013
Groundhog - 12
Deer - 3
Pheasant - 6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 12:44 AM
The Man

Re: Looking for a waterfowl buddy

Hi Ryan and welcome to the site. Where are you located in Cambria county? There are active chapters of DU in Altoona, Bedford, and I believe Johnstown. I'm one of the membership chairmen for the Keystone Chapter based in Altoona. If you're interested in meeting some other fowlers, coming to a meeting or two is a good start. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and we'll see what we can work out. Take care.
John

If you're having trouble hunting for deer,
don't wish things were easier;
wish you were smarter.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Cambria county has two Ducks Unlimited chapters (not bad for a mountain area with few ducks!) good work for the chapter organizers in getting DU presence there.

One is in Johnstown and the other is in Somerset.

If you check this site, you can find phone numbers for the chapter chairmen. Obviously, DU isn't a hunting club. but if you join and help with some DU activities (usually fund raising, and fun) you will meet more duck hunters and get more info than you will need.

http://www.ducks.org/pennsylvania/pe...ucks-unlimited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 01:14 AM
Regular Visitor

BassMaster95, let me see what I can do, maybe my hunting buddies and I can get ya into some ducks
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 01:26 AM
Regular Visitor

BassMaster95, the Conemaugh Gap chapter of DU is always looking for new committee members also, I've served on the committee for the past 10 or so years. They just had a Sportmans night out, if you are interested in becoming a member let me know and I can get you all the information. They usually have their meetings at the Gander Mountain in Richland
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Frequent Contributor

Hello DU Members,
I am from NEPA Luzerne County area and I am a member of Ducks Unlimited. I am looking for other DU members and have a special need for a partner or partners duck/goose hunter. I have much equipment, decoys, 12ft boat w/10 hp motor, layout blinds, and especially a very good Labrador Retriever. He is all retriever and loves to get out there in that icy water to pick up those birds.

I am having some physical problems handling all the gear and the physical part of going waterfowl hunting. I can do it, but it would be ideal to have a great partner to help out, set up, shoot the birds, and have a great time. If you are a committed waterfowl hunter whatever experience you have is OK. I would love to take a beginner out and have some fun. If you are interested and live near the Pittston, or Kingston area send me a PM and we can get out and shoot some Mallards. Again, I have a fantastic well trained Labrador. DU members or just guys interested will be fine.

Titanium

My wife? YES! - My dog? Maybe? - My gun??? NEVER!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page