2015 Duck Forecast - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 10:20 AM

Re: 2015 Duck Forecast

Never made much of the predictions from DU. It's fine if you live in the middle or western part of the country. Let's face it we get very little migratory birds in PA any more. I would bet a great percentage of the birds that are shot in the state are local birds. If it wasn't for the woody population we might as well hunt in the middle of the desert. I haven't seen a major flight of ducks in at least 8-10 years.

As for the larger ducks I don't shoot them any more due to the low population levels in my area. Putting close to 200 days a year messing around the lakes, streams and ponds and you don't see any ducks around it tells me that the local populations are in a world of hurt.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 05:32 PM

I heard a flock of geese overhead flying across on Aug 12th, I was surprised to hear them..this early..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 10:49 AM

Just the family groups starting to stet have their wings. I always like to watch the young of the year birds flying in the back of the flock. They are all over the place until they learn that if they use the draft of the lead geese it's much easier to fly in the flock. I'm lucky to have birds fly over the house just about every day and the last week or so I'm seeing an increase of birds trading around.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page