• Yes

Votes: 19 11.4%
  • No

Votes: 148 88.6%

Have You Hunted Deer on Sunday In PA

13K views 178 replies 49 participants last post by  Vonfoust 
#1 · (Edited)
First, keep this civil.

Second, I thought of this while on stand Saturday looking at the forecast and seeing how great the setup was going to be Sunday morning. I thought to myself, if I owned a big chunk of private land, I would probably hunt deer on Sunday. Sorry, not sorry, if you don't like it. I have not, but I would.

This isn't meant for bashing, just curious on what you have done or would do.

Poll is anonymous.

#3 ·
I have not. At least, not in the way you describe. However, I have shot a couple deer near quitting time in archery and could not find them until Sunday morning. So, technically, I have "pursued" deer on a Sunday. But not in a stand with a weapon. With a gutting knife and dragging rope.

I know what you mean, though. I've had Saturday wash-outs and then wake up to a beautiful Sunday.

#4 ·
I'm confused by this post. Have I hunted deer on Sunday in PA, my answer is no as I assume everyone else's answer would be, unless something changed with the law? I know there was a topic about 3 Sundays to hunt in PA but i havent heard what Sundays were selected yet. So, my answer would be no, because I am ignorant to the PA Sunday Hunting Law.

#22 ·
I have been giving this poll some thought and a few things have come to mind. Whenever I kill a deer it’s important to me that it was done ethically and according to plan. Anything that deviates from that takes a little bit of the joy out of it. It could be just getting one by pure luck. Perhaps making a bad hit and taking a long time to recover it. Shooting one that was wounded badly by another hunter. When it comes to killing one in a illegal manner ( never done that ) it would be burned in my brain forever. I wouldn’t even want to reminisce about it because it would just bring me guilt and pain. To me a big part of hunting is obeying the laws and harvesting game within the guidelines of those laws . Anything else is cheating and I am not a cheater.

#29 ·
In the 80"s I moved out of suburb Pgh. to be close to WV and OH to be able to hunt on Sunday, take advantage of the extended grouse season Feb., more Spring turkey season time, extended bag limits, extend my archery buck hunting after taking an early buck in PA, some great pheasant hunting and to duck hunt, water ski and fish the less crowded OH lakes.

As a result I have been lucky enough to increase my hunting time/pleasure for many years which more than made up for the long drive to the office which wasn't that often since my job required me to travel usually 4 days a week from the airport which was a short drive.

No never hunted on Sunday in PA for deer, but have used that day to scout, move stands and run T cams.

#32 ·
I always say how much I want to hunt on Sunday, but when Sunday comes, I'm almost glad I can't so I can take a rest. As long as whether permits, I hunt Saturday morning and then Saturday afternoon. By Sunday, I'm beat. To get up and do it all over again isn't easy. I do that for days straight during the rut and lose about 20lbs and start looking like a Clampett.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.