Have You Hunted Deer on Sunday In PA - Page 18 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
View Poll Results: Have You Hunted Deer on Sunday in PA
Yes 19 11.66%
No 144 88.34%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

200Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #171 of 179 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 11:45 PM
The Man

Its still the law of the state you choose to hunt and have to abide by. The only ethics I see is going by the law. Baiting for example: I have heard many on here say its unethical I disagree. I live in Md. and baiting is legal here on private ground. However in Pa. and some other states its illegal so you don't do it and is unethical to do and break the law. Deer driving: I seen on the warden show its illegal in Maine and they said its unethical. I disagree, like most of us here in Pa. where its legal and most of us have done due to it being legal. However if I go to Maine to hunt I now know its illegal to do and unethical to break there laws so I wont do it and not question it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 179 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 09:45 AM

the law says we can shoot pheasants. some ethics dictate we shouldnt whack em on the ground. i follow the law and take head shots if i can get em.
i also shoot deer while they are bedded too.
outofstater and whil e kioti like this.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #173 of 179 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 11:04 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post
the law says we can shoot pheasants. some ethics dictate we shouldnt whack em on the ground. i follow the law and take head shots if i can get em.
These 2 issues you brought up, are they listed in the Hunting Digest as being Unlawful?
If I'm not mistaken the Topic was about the Legality of a particular issue that is classified as Unlawful not whether it is unethical or not.
The Law is the Law.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #174 of 179 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 02:45 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter Co. Joe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post
the law says we can shoot pheasants. some ethics dictate we shouldnt whack em on the ground. i follow the law [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG] and take head shots if i can get em.
These 2 issues you brought up, are they listed in the Hunting Digest as being Unlawful?
If I'm not mistaken the Topic was about the Legality of a particular issue that is classified as Unlawful not whether it is unethical or not.
The Law is the Law. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/images/Huntingpa_toucan/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png[/IMG]
Actually the legality of it wasn’t questioned, Sunday hunting is 100% illegal in PA no questions about it.

The main topic was had or would the folks of HuntingPA actually consider illegally hunting in PA if the had they private ground to do it which implies a minimal chance of getting caught. That is entirely a moral and ethical question, would you break a baseless law you don’t agree with if you wouldn’t get caught?
Shiftyshad likes this.
post #175 of 179 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 06:26 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMP70306 View Post
Actually the legality of it wasn’t questioned, Sunday hunting is 100% illegal in PA no questions about it.

The main topic was had or would the folks of HuntingPA actually consider illegally hunting in PA if the had they private ground to do it which implies a minimal chance of getting caught. That is entirely a moral and ethical question, would you break a baseless law you don’t agree with if you wouldn’t get caught?
My Answer is NO, period. Dude get out there and Hunt and get off the Keyboard while you can. What's a baseless law? your opinion or law?
Get a Grip and Get in the Woods.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
post #176 of 179 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 07:08 PM

Sunday hunting is actually somewhere around 90% illegal. there are critters that can be hunted on Sunday as far as deer hunting on Sunday...NOPE, not until its legal.

i have helped recover dead deer on Sunday with no weapon in cool weather.
outofstater likes this.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #177 of 179 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 08:47 PM
The Man

Quote:

Do you think game wardens don't go on private ground? I have private ground of my own and I never once thought of taking the chance. Even though the sunday before opener ( old days ) people will shoot there guns in. But here a one shot and that double pop of bullet blowing your odds is not to good that someone didn't hear it and will make a call.
post #178 of 179 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 10:57 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter Co. Joe View Post
Quote:

My Answer is NO, period. Dude get out there and Hunt and get off the Keyboard while you can. What's a baseless law? your opinion or law?
Get a Grip and Get in the Woods.[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/images/Huntingpa_toucan/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png[/IMG]
I was simply repeating the original topic from the original post that started this thread. I have it listed at the bottom of this post for reference. A baseless law is one that was made for no justifiable reason, like the fact that you are not legally allowed to sell a car on Sunday.

As for getting in the woods, unfortunately I live 3 hours from camp so I can’t hunt during the week which leaves me researching load data and making test loads for my new rifle which I will be testing Sunday after muzzleloader hunting Saturday. Have to do something to pass the time while I wait for the chargemaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofstater View Post
Quote:

Do you think game wardens don't go on private ground? I have private ground of my own and I never once thought of taking the chance. Even though the sunday before opener ( old days ) people will shoot there guns in. But here a one shot and that double pop of bullet blowing your odds is not to good that someone didn't hear it and will make a call.
I know they do which is why I don’t hunt Sunday even though I primarily hunt private land. I was simply referencing the original post as shown below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ4D View Post
First, keep this civil.

Second, I thought of this while on stand Saturday looking at the forecast and seeing how great the setup was going to be Sunday morning. I thought to myself, if I owned a big chunk of private land, I would probably hunt deer on Sunday. Sorry, not sorry, if you don't like it. I have not, but I would.
bohunr likes this.
post #179 of 179 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. S. B. View Post
Though the fine for simply hunting on Sunday is a summary of the fifth with a fine of $100-$200, the whole thing changes as soon as you kill or even attempt to kill something. If that something is a deer then it moves way up the scale of summary offenses, to perhaps even misdemeanor or felony offenses that range from about $800.00 to the many thousands of dollars and jail time.

If the deer happens to be of trophy class then there are also replacements costs of many thousands of dollars.

Gamble on it if you want but just like any other gambler it might cost you a lot more than you wanted or expected to lose.

Dick Bodenhorn

Since it's Sunday and I don't have hunting to do, got a question. Are there trophy pheasants?

Pheasant hunting on Sunday looks like a much better deal. Some people can't hit anything anyway, so no chance at killing. $200 is less than what one would spend at a preserve. If one were to get caught of course.
bohunr likes this.

“Aw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourteen percent of all people know that.”

“Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand.”

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page