Let's Take a Vote! - Page 9 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
View Poll Results: Do You Support the Saturday Rifle Opener?
YES! 199 54.08%
NO! 169 45.92%
Voters: 368. You may not vote on this poll

87Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:33 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. S. B. View Post
If you wait until Monday you are not hunting "THE Opening Day."

Some people don't seem to understand that fact the same as others don't understand why others don't just wait until that first Saturday of the season to start their hunting if they want to start on a Saturday.

The fact is "THE" opening day is special. If you miss "THE " opening day then you really have missed a special part of "THE" deer season. There is a difference between hunting "THE" opening day than just hunt "A" day of deer season.

Dick Bodenhorn
Man, now I'm depressed and wondering if I've been eating substandard deer all these years since they weren't harvested on THE special day...
kdvarmint likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 06:29 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERZ7 View Post
I say No right now but if they ever bring Sunday hunting in then I would be a Yes. I cant imagine why you would want the first day to be on a saturday then no hunting the next day, then back at it on monday. Screws up too many hunters vacations and traditions.
Griping about tradition, I can see why you say that. (I disagree but I see your point.) But opening day on Saturday screws up hunter's vacations??? REALLY. You want to explain that one???
post #83 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. S. B. View Post
If you wait until Monday you are not hunting "THE Opening Day."

Some people don't seem to understand that fact the same as others don't understand why others don't just wait until that first Saturday of the season to start their hunting if they want to start on a Saturday.

The fact is "THE" opening day is special. If you miss "THE " opening day then you really have missed a special part of "THE" deer season. There is a difference between hunting "THE" opening day than just hunt "A" day of deer season.

Dick Bodenhorn

Good Luck, Dick. I've been trying to 'splain that, and a few other reasons, ad nauseam for a few weeks now. No go. LOL

All I got were some well-rounded retorts like this...…………….

pchunter1231 likes this.

2A-Wash. Co.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 12:15 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Hunt, Fish, Vote! I support AR and Sunday hunting. Life Member of NRA and TU.
post #85 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 02:04 PM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
funnier how the “validity” of the poll changed after the vote!
I'm firmly in the camp that neither the poll or the survey is a valid sampling.
The original survey really should had a neutral option. It would have been better served with a 5 option sliding scale.
Since there exists a well documented cognitive bias to resist change, those that have no strong feelings one way or the other will tend towards the status quo. 65% is not really an overwhelming margin when you take that into account.
Most telling: The stated goal of the Saturday opener was to try to boost license sales. Polling those who already hunt only tells them how much fallout that they may expect to receive from their decision.
JasonN likes this.

Last edited by jcourson; 04-18-2019 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
post #86 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 02:18 PM
New Arrival

Yes, if you want to setup camp on Sat. and begin hunting on Mon. its OK with me. We have started on Sat. and hunted Sun. as well for years in NY. Can't think of any stores bankrupted or churches closed because I wasn't there. It could be worse, Hilary could be president.
post #87 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 02:47 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

If you really want to get people riled up, go over to the muzzleloader forum and tell them you think we should include inline muzzleloaders in the late season after Christmas
post #88 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater86 View Post
If you really want to get people riled up, go over to the muzzleloader forum and tell them you think we should include inline muzzleloaders in the late season after Christmas
I firmly believe that will be a reality down the road. They have screwed up every other tradition why not.
Doneworking153 likes this.

4B
post #89 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 05:41 PM

Funny how traditions are to some. Some peoples traditions may differ from other peoples traditions.Whose traditions should matter? Easy answer. No hunters personal traditions should matter when it comes to making decisions with game management and season regulations. Traditions and holidays have nothing to do with the PGC setting season dates and harvest regulations. People who say the PGC is ruining all the traditions with seasons needs to take a serious look and realize nothing about a regulation, season, or bag limits biologically has anything to do with any persons tradition. Just like inlines in the late season, after Christmas. If it was passed to help management objectives, I say awesome. If you say it was meant to destroy a tradition you hold then you are sadly holding on to the past. If you cant provide a legitimate reason for a change other than tradition then you really provide nothing to the benefit of the species.
post #90 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post

2A-Wash. Co.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page