Let's Take a Vote! - Page 10 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
View Poll Results: Do You Support the Saturday Rifle Opener?
YES! 201 54.03%
NO! 171 45.97%
Voters: 372. You may not vote on this poll

88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater86 View Post
If you really want to get people riled up, go over to the muzzleloader forum and tell them you think we should include inline muzzleloaders in the late season after Christmas
I use my inline every year after Xmas.......

LIVE TO HUNT - HUNT TO LIVE
TAKE A CHILD HUNTING AND PRESERVE THE SPORT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. S. B. View Post
If you wait until Monday you are not hunting "THE Opening Day."

Some people don't seem to understand that fact the same as others don't understand why others don't just wait until that first Saturday of the season to start their hunting if they want to start on a Saturday.

The fact is "THE" opening day is special. If you miss "THE " opening day then you really have missed a special part of "THE" deer season. There is a difference between hunting "THE" opening day than just hunt "A" day of deer season.

Dick Bodenhorn
The only time I wanted to be there for "THE" anything was so that I could be 1st to get a crack at a deer, pheasant, bear etc.....
Otherwise any day afield I was just doing my best to harvest the game I was after.....
There is nothing tangible with "THE", you can't touch it, you only benefit from being the 1st....
I see that "THE" opening day of rifle deer season means a lot to you not unlike some who wait 364 days for Christmas day, 1st day of trout season, 1st day of baseball, 1st game of pro football, etc.. etc...
"THE" issue is more psychological than anything else and granted that change is far more difficult for some than others and I get that and it carries emotions especially for the older hunters out there....
Thank you again for all your years keeping our hunters and wildlife safe and don't let this impede your ability to enjoy your retirement.....

Last edited by EIGHT POINT; 06-05-2019 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Spelling
post #93 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 01:54 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIGHT POINT View Post
I use my inline every year after Xmas.......
Not sure I'm tracking, are you using it in the state of PA for hunting? I thought the after Christmas deer season was only for flintlock and bow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Not sure I'm tracking, are you using it in the state of PA for hunting? I thought the after Christmas deer season was only for flintlock and bow.
Special regulation extended Doe season can use shotguns, bows, xbows, inlines, traditional muzzleloaders.....

post #95 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 09:53 AM

Interesting that, all I hear from most sources is how much hunters are against this, but I come here and check on the results ( On a hunting based website no less) and find that more support the Saturday opener than oppose.
OAWC likes this.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #96 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:02 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesdad View Post
Interesting that, all I hear from most sources is how much hunters are against this, but I come here and check on the results ( On a hunting based website no less) and find that more support the Saturday opener than oppose.
Indeed, but it is not surprising in my mind. You don't hear the wheel that keeps on rolling along...you hear the squeaky wheel.
bad primer likes this.
post #97 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 11:31 AM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesdad View Post
I believe the first poll, put out before the actual vote by the BOC, supported keeping Monday the opener. This poll was conducted after the final vote.
post #98 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 07:39 PM
The Man

Quote:
If you really want to get people riled up, go over to the muzzleloader forum and tell them you think we should include inline muzzleloaders in the late season after Christmas
Nah,that don,t bother us anymore.We just ignore it.
post #99 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 07:45 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent20 View Post
I believe the first poll, put out before the actual vote by the BOC, supported keeping Monday the opener. This poll was conducted after the final vote.
Numbers don,t lie.As of now, more hunters want it on Saturday. Sorta of goes against that everybody says that the hunters didn,t want it.If it continues to trend this way and this is a Huntin site I can just imagine how many more would approve that don,t bother with huntin sites and such.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page