taxes - Page 2 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 04:14 AM

No. Had to pay for the first time in over 20 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 06:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
I just did my daughters and her husbands return. Income up by 18%.....Income taxes up by 36%.

Not such a good deal.
Yep ST especially knowing you're a fellow CPA...supports exactly what I've been saying. I'm heading off to my firm shortly to prepare returns plus bring the sad news to many taxpayers. So many taxpayers snookered by the ole "smoke & mirror" showmanship now facing a stark reality.
Steeltrap likes this.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #13 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 07:10 AM

Just like timberdoodle said.

Show Me The Moneyyyyy.......

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMackanick View Post
Trick question. I think it put more money in peoples paychecks through out 2018 and less at tax time. People seem to forget where that extra money came from in their checks.

so, did they help YOU?
post #15 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
I just did my daughters and her husbands return. Income up by 18%.....Income taxes up by 36%.

Not such a good deal.

So, did they help YOU?
post #16 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggy View Post
Yep ST especially knowing you're a fellow CPA...supports exactly what I've been saying. I'm heading off to my firm shortly to prepare returns plus bring the sad news to many taxpayers. So many taxpayers snookered by the ole "smoke & mirror" showmanship now facing a stark reality.

So, did they help YOU?
post #17 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 09:38 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

yea Smoke & mirrors ! The percentage of fed tax to gross income dropped by 2% this year !! Even with the SALT hit.

The only smoke and mirrors comes from the Left directed to those those to stupid to do the calculations.
post #18 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 09:41 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

YES, Thank You
post #19 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 10:57 AM

To determine if one benefits or actually pays more taxes: One must compare the income from 2017 to income 2018, the tax paid each year, the tax bracket each year as shown on the tax forms being sent to the IRS. Simply looking at how much taxes one owed this year or how much one received back each year is not a true test to determine any impact and by not going so can be very misleading.

I know individuals who take their tax information to a tax preparer never look at the completed forms and believe they are paying more or less taxes fully based on their return amount or taxes due. Often these individuals are quick to voice their opinion as to their refund results. Again this can be very misleading.

Everyone concerned about the amount of taxes due at the end of the year or those who choose to receive a certain amount of refund dollars at their disposal in a one time payment from the government should know they can control their refund/payment for the next tax year.

The taxpayer can fill out a new W4 form for next years taxes. If one does not do their own taxes or does not feel comfortable filling out a W4 they can discuss tax planning with their preparer. Should ones income change during the year as with a bonus, pay increase or decrease on income they can prepare a W4 at any time during the year to make desired adjustments to their liking.

Three general forms of tax payer thinking:

It makes some feel good to pay more each pay check to receive a refund. This is allowing the government to use their $$ all year long and return the tax payers money without the tax payer receiving any interest.... Thus a refund.

The opposite thinking is to get more each pay check to use the governments money all year long and at filing time pay the government back an interest free loan. Thus taxes due.

The third form of thinking by some is owe a small amount or receive a small refund or just enough to pay their tax preparer for their services.

Either way one is paying the same amount of taxes. The difference is the tax payer is choosing who is going to hold, control the use the tax payer dollars until the filing date.

In addition under the new system and with the many on line tax preparers it is much easier for one to prepare their own tax forms by imputing and answering simple questions....Thus another savings on taxes.
loridr likes this.

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
post #20 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 12:20 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpowder View Post
So, did they help YOU?
I'm not quite sure what you mean.....I'd have to look up my info and that's not happening it right now.

But Federal tax as a % of income for my Daughter and her husband went from 9.4% in 2017 to 11.0% in 2018. Married joint....one child.....mortgage and taxes (but that didn't matter).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page