The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Experiences With The Lantus SoloSTAR PEN ?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Loggy 
#1 ·
Last week my Mrs had to go on insulin to treat her Type 2 Diabetes. Has anyone here used The Lantus SoloSTAR PEN? She has been started with initial low dosage of 10 units to try to get her blood sugar under control. Curious of what your experiences are?

Thanks!

#3 ·
My daughter was given a couple last year when she became diabetic, she had no problmes with it or using it. She is type 1 and on the insulin pump now, but we still have the pen in case of malfunction.

Very easy to use with the dial a dose.

#5 ·
Thanks all for your input!!

LB101...the Mrs is working with a Diabetic Educational unit at our hospital offering classes etc which I also will be attending. If we have any unanswered questions/issues will certainly keep your Mrs in mind as a resource!! Thanks much for offering!

RB...very best of luck to your Daughter in treating her Type 1!

Anyone else having xperience with the SoloSTAR PEN...input appreciated!

#6 ·
The Mrs has now been using the Pen 3 weeks now w/low 10 unit dosage and sugar level has greatly improved/stabilized. Has also been more strictly watching diet plus exercising which im sure is also helping.

#7 ·
Good to hear she is doing better. I am a Type-1 diabetic and started out with the pens for the short tem insulin (Humalog) and had no problems with them. It was a lot better than the syringe in my opinion. I have since switched to the pump and like that a hole lot better than either. If she is going to be on insulin long term (hopefully not of course) she should ask her endocrinologist about the pump. Not sure if they use them on Type 2 but it's worth asking.

Good Luck

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.