Need Help with my Wicked Ridge Invader-(Nocks)? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Need Help with my Wicked Ridge Invader-(Nocks)?

Hi I am new to crossbow hunting and I am not sure why it matters on what type of nock I shoot.I bought my crossbow used from a guy from Pittsburgh and he said it shot great with the arrows he sent with it and 3 had half moon nocks and the other 3 had flat nocks and I didn't shoot it yet because I didn't want to break anything.So my question is does it really matter what nock I shoot?Also if anyone can let me know what a good setup for it would be I would appreciate it.Any other information for hunting with it you would have for me would be great also.Thanks to everyone in advance and happy hunting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 02:33 PM
The Man

Re: Need Help with my Wicked Ridge Invader-(Nocks)?

I have been using flat nocks with WR warrior with no problems. Ten point who makes the WR brand does not recommend the half moon nocks.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Frequent Contributor

I have flat lumenocks on all my bolts I use with my WR Invader. They shoot fantastic

Me personally, also recommend fixed head broadheads. Im sure mechanical work but Ive always used fixed heads on my compound and it was a natural transition for me to use on crossbow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 04:18 PM

Wicked ridge specifies flat nocks or their new omni nock. With that said it is always safe to shoot moon nocks in bows that call for flats but not the other way around.

You will always get the best performance when using the nock that is specified, though.

Never shoot flats in a bow that calls for moons.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Thank you all for your help.Since I have both styles I will just go ahead and try them both and see what the difference is in them since it is okay to try each of them.I will go with the flat nocks since that is what is called for and you all have had good success.Thank you
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

BigBuckDown I was curious on what style/brand fixed blade you use?I bought rage for it but would like to find a good fixed blade to shoot out of my blinds and not have to buy 100 different kinds.I was going to go with Muzzy or Slick Trick.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 08:46 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Have you looked at the G5 Montecs? Great broadheads and they are well built and accurate. I had a dozen and a half laying around and wanted to try them on my xbow bolts. all but 3 screwed in and spun perfectly on my apple arrow spin checker. They shot as good as they spun too, all hitting within about an inch of poa with no noticable wobble in flight. They don't come out of the box the sharpest heads you can buy, but they sharpen up easilly and hold an edge well.

Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhouette Decoys Pro-Staff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page