Horton Havoc 175 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Horton Havoc 175

After my Parker buckbusters left limb shattered while hunting last fall in the middle of archery season,I purchased a Horton havoc 175 for the last 2 weeks of archery.I really like this bow,it is quiet ,well balanced and very accurate.Now that Horton is out of business and I have no warranty I want take care of this bow so it lasts a long time.Currently I am shooting easton power bolts at 410 gr. and the horton bolts that came with it also at 410 gr.I shoot 100 gr. field tips and 100 gr. broadheads,The head and bolt combined weigh 410 gr.The Horton bolts have a brass insert in the front and are made in vietnam,the easton power bolts have aluminum inserts and are made in america.Should I shoot a heavier bolt to ease the strain on the bow, I only use it for hunting and only shoot out to 25 yards so losing speed is not an issue for me.any advice would be appreciated. thanks jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 03:16 PM

Re: Horton Havoc 175

I heard that TenPoint purchased horton and if that is truly the case I would think TenPoint would stand behind the Horton warranty. Might be worth a call to TenPoint to verify and if so get some facts and info
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 03:20 PM

Tenpoint only bought the equipment and assets, but not actually Horton the company. They will not be doing any warranty work on Horton bows. Can't say I blame them since they didn't build them. Here is a link.

https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbt...73#Post3070473

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 04:54 PM

The limbs of the Horton reverse draws have been pretty darn reliable. It is the other little parts that seem to be the culprits of most problems.

You arrow combination at 410 grains should be fine with the limbs. Nothing wrong with going heavier but I wouldn't go lighter.

Just keep it lubed up and your string and cables taken care of. Plus add a little bit a luck of luck into the mix.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2013, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Dpms,I found the rail lube and string care products,where do I find a little bit of luck?lol thanks for the response,I hope this bow give me many years of service.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page