Effect of Crossbow Speed on Older broadheads - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Effect of Crossbow Speed on Older broadheads

Interested? Anyone find a broadhead that worked with an older bow, but couldn't pass their speed test with a faster crossbow?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 11:50 AM

Re: Effect of Crossbow Speed on Older broadheads

My first crossbow shot 350 fps and I wasn't happy with how my current selection of broadheads were shooting. Thought it was the bow at first but I bought some short ferrule Wasp SSTs and it was game one. I had older Muzzys and Razorbacks but also cheap crossbow arrows.

I think alot of it has to do with the tighter tolerances of today's broadheads and a emphasis on higher foc with crossbow arrows. I am finding that many of today's head shoot pretty darn well in all of my bows. With that said, short ferrules fixed blades head or the swept wing style fly exceptionally well. Many mechanicals do as well. Bump that foc up and many broadheads will fly pretty well in crossbows.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page