Arrow-Precision Crossbow - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Arrow-Precision Crossbow

I bought an Arrow-Precision Crossbow over the weekend. It is the Inferno Fury. I shot it about 12 times and the next shoot the string breaks. I am very disappointed. I bought it because it is advertised in the hunting digest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Arrow-Precision Crossbow

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hopefully you can return it and get a refund. If so give arrowhead a call he will get you on the right path.

2D

ONE NATION UNDER GOD...

Pray for our troops, and for our country

God Bless America
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 08:12 PM
The Man

I never heard of the brand name before so I decided to check it out......I can see how the price would appeal to someone just getting into the sport, but please remember, you get what you pay for and for a quality crossbow, you will have as much money into it as a quality compound ...There is a reason why one crossbow costs $170 and another costs $800......Both Ten-Point and Parker have brought out some nice crossbows this year which are priced a little lower while still maintaining good quality...If you are fortunate enough to get a refund, you might want to check one of these out...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 09:39 PM

I saw that ad and said to my wife that crossbow is junk.Before I looked at the price.A quick clue is the rubber tips on the limbs.A version of that is all over ebay.Made in China.Sorry you had to find out this way.$199 for a new crossbow is a dead give away as well.In all fairness though there could be a problem with the nocks on the arrows.A dozen of good arrows is close to $100.So you got 4.$25,a sling $20-25,red dot lets say $25 on ebay and a quiver with the mount $25.So what you did was buy a $100 crossbow.Less the extras that is.See if you can take it back and in the least buy a good used one.

Bob Seger,till it shines.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 10:03 PM

By the way the PGC doesn't screen ads for quality products.They accept ads to defray some publishing costs.If you want a quality recurve crossbow consider the Excalibur Axiom.It isn't $199 though.It is a lower priced Excalibur though.If you get your money back call Arrowhead.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Sorry about the problems with your new bow. I might be able to shed some light on the situation for you though. I've tested and shot the Inferno Fury. Not a horrible bow, but in my mind best suited for shooting those pesky critters that scatter my garbage cans all over the yard. If you use it for whitetails keep your shots 20 yards or less.

There are a number of problems that could be cause. The plastic tips at the end of your limbs are the most likely and can be fixed. You need to get some good quality rubber cement and get it under the plastic tips at the limb ends. When the ends of the string wear through the plastic tips, the limb cuts your string.

Another problem with that bow is the design of the limb in relation to the bow. If the limb isn't exactly centered on the bow it will cause the string to slide across the nock and cut your string. The limb that is the longest from the bow, pulls the hardest. It's actually made with a single limb and it MUST be centered.

Also, as Diablo said, check the nocks. They may have a burr that is cutting the string. If you need help give me a call. I can build a good sting for it and set you up with a really good arrow that will extend your range to about 25 yards.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

The string broke at the loop. I think the limb cut the loop.If I take it to an good archery shop will they be able to help. The shoots I did shot were pretty good. The bow is for my daughter so shoots inside 20 yards would be it.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

I hate to say this but i'm gonna, try like heck to get your money back, sending your child out with sub quality equiptment will not make her or your expierence a good one. my 2cents worth.

2D

ONE NATION UNDER GOD...

Pray for our troops, and for our country

God Bless America
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Yes, your limb almost surely cut the loop. You can try an archery shop and if they know about crossbows you will be fine. If they don't know about crossbows shop around.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 10:46 PM

I saved money and sold a shotgun to buy my son the Axiom.Saving money didn't hurt but selling a gun did.However the enjoyment he gets far outweighs the sale of the gun.By the way breaking a string is kind of dangerous.A limb could snap like a dry fire.You really need to call Arrowhead before your daughter shoots the bow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page