CamX Chaos, one to consider(pics) - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

CamX Chaos, one to consider(pics)

CamX Crossbows broke onto the crossbow scene just last year and has been steadily building a strong reputation for quality, made in America crossbows.

The have a direct to consumer business model so that there is no middle man. The owner has been in the crossbow business for years and decided to take what he has learned and what he would like to see in a crossbow and started CamX Outdoors, based in Ohio.

I recently recieved a Chaos package and was able to assembly it today.

Instructions were clear and concise which is not so common in today's world. Tolerances were super tight. Included is a parallel to barrel quiver that is easy to detach and mounts to the underside of the barrel via one thumbscrew. Buttpad spacers to customize length of pull. Rope cocking device. Two extra cable slides. "Arc" multi reticle scope with just 1.5 imches of eye relief which allows for a very short buttstock and short overall length and makes it easy for those with shorter arms to cock the bow. Six custom Accuspine crossbow arrows. And the LowPro custom sling which allows the user to carry the crossbow in many different positions.

All over the bow are small, pro american phrases which makes it apparent that CamX is proud of its made in America foundation.

Included is also a target from the factory. Each crossbow has the scope mounted and sighted in before it leaves the factory. Not too bad of a target I would say?

This crossbow can be de-cocked by hand which is a super cool feature. Even though it has a ADF device. The user can disable it and safely uncock without having to fire a arrow. Clear instructions for this procedure are included.

Notice the red shelf besides the rail. Each side is hinged so that the finger protecter folds down while cocking but snaps back into it upright position after the bow is cocked. No more missing fingers.

For those looking for a very compact, lightweight, qulaity crossbow, give the CamX Chaos a look. I know a few folks that have been shooting this bow for close to six months and it is everything that we, as crossbow enthuiasts, want to see in a crossbow. I look forward to slinging some arrows for sure.

A quick note on the Accuspine arrows as well. The finished arrows will weigh within 1 grain of each other with a straightness of .001 They are spine matched and indexed so that the backbone of the arrow is at the 12 o' clock position relative to the cock vane.

I have been shooting the Accuspines since last summer and they are the most consistantly accurate crossbow arrow I have ever shot. No more flyers. Another nice feature is the Lock-N-Load brass insert. The insert is not glued but held in place by a allen screw that expands a knurled collar to grip the inside of the shaft. This allows the user to turn the insert if they wish to align broadhead vanes to fletching. The Accuspine is a great arrow and only available through CamX.

Give CamX a look at www.camxcrossbows.com

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 05:06 PM
The Man

Re: CamX Chaos, one to consider(pics)

Looks like a good one!! Thanks for the report

Instagram : @The_Trailcamologist_
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 11:34 PM

Hopefully the weather cooperates so you can get some shooting in.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 09:48 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

love the writing on the side of the barrel,looks like a nice bow also

Sniper 370 / victory X bolts / shockwave 100grn / KI lumix with speedring (mine)
Parker Tornado (sons)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich2500
love the writing on the side of the barrel,looks like a nice bow also
There are quite a few similar to that scattered about the bow. "One nation under god. Indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." That is on the other side of the barrel.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 12:33 PM

What are your thoughts on the trigger guard? It looks odd the way it drops down so low and it also doesn't have anthing close up behind the trigger like most bows. Just wondered how it felt when holding and shooting. It does look like it would be easy to shoot with gloves on with the room that you would have.

What is the black button that is back on the stock above the thumbhole?

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspot
What are your thoughts on the trigger guard?
It is large and designed for gloves on the trigger hand. I normally wear a light glove on my trigger hand when hunting in the cold. The extra room I wouldn't need.

Quote:
What is the black button that is back on the stock above the thumbhole?
They are buttons that the sling attaches to. The CamX sling is more of a tactical sling. It straps to your body and then you attach a lead onto the button that holds the bow hands free in front of you while standing or you can throw it over your shoulder and carry the bow upside down with the limbs tucked against your body.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page