New xbow - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 159
Back To Top
New xbow

Although I plan on primarily using my hoyt compound I have decided to come to the dark side and order a xbow. I just placed an order with Mike at Arrowhead for an Excaliber Ibex. I cant wait for it to arrive. Hope I made a good choice.
Blitzkrieg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Senior Member
 
dpms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 18,312
Back To Top
Re: New xbow

You did!! Both the bow and the dealer.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
dpms is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 15065
Posts: 4,521
Back To Top
Re: New xbow

Mike is a good guy and Excaliburs,what can I say there are 2 in this house.I bought the new Axiom from him.My son loves it.I have to be carefull now so he doesn't nail his first shot.Oh and it isn't the dark side.As you get older you will know what I mean.

Bob Seger,till it shines.
Hiamovi is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 12:45 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dallas, PA
Posts: 3,673
Back To Top
Re: New xbow

As an older guy who is able to hunt bow season with his crossbow, I gotta say, welcome! It's the same game as before, only the bow is a little different.

80% of Americans believe in miracles. The other 20% have been audited.
DadHuntsNow is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 11:37 AM
RB
Sage
 
RB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Home 2F, Camp 2G & 2F
Posts: 28,459
Back To Top
Re: New xbow

Blitz,

Nice Purchase!! That was the one I was going to get for myself, but I had a couple to get for my troops first.
Now I am kind of a Parker guy.

As far as the dark side...deer don't care what you kill them with, and they still don't like you trying.

Have a good year, with both weapons.




"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
RB is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 10:58 PM
New Arrival
 
Sully_PA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 19
Back To Top
Re: New xbow

Vortex here ...and love it.

Sully
Sully_PA is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 09:30 AM
The Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pitman
Posts: 7,781
Back To Top
Re: New xbow

No need to pick sides......I have a Parker Tornado and I love it...Just bought a new Excalibur Exocet as a backup from Mike so that I can enjoy two fine selections this season...
Big Ken is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Senior Member
 
beagler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lackawanna County
Posts: 18,301
Back To Top
Re: New xbow


I shoot an Excalibur Equinox.

Never Misses
beagler is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome