Hawke XB-30 Questions/ comments. - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Hawke XB-30 Questions/ comments.

I wanted to let you guys in on this. So I got my new Cyclone and XB-30 home and decide a couple days later I couldn't take it any more and had to shoot it rain or not! Monday I got all dialed in at 20 yards dead bulls. Then I tried to take the 40 yard shot with the 3rd set of crosshairs down which would be the 40 yard mark. 6" low? so I shoot the 2nd arrow and it slaps the one I just shot? Keep in mind the "speed ring" is set on 360 fps which is slightly under what the bow is chronographed at. So I take a minute and turn the ring down in speed to 330fps and take the shot. 3" low? which makes sense because the farther down you turn the ring the farther apart the x's will appear therefore raising your point of aim EXCEPT for your 20 yard mark. Now there is a dot on the top of the scope used as a position indicator for the "speed ring" I just so happened to put the "5" of the 315 fps mark exactly over the dot. Pick up the bow and drill the center at 40 yards with the 40 yard x. Shot another shot off hand and tore a fletching off. I called Arrowhead to report my finding and we agreed I need to shoot some more later because it was getting dark to make sure the 20 yard x was or was not still on mark. So yesterday between the raindrops I sat the bag in the yard and pulled the bow out. 20 yard pin off hand and BAM! dead center. Picked another dot offhand and same scenario! perfect. Puzzeled I started to think I was losing it! Why is the ring on 315 and not on at least 360? is it because the scope is trying to tell me I am at 315 FPS at 40 yards? Anyway I still need to make sure that my 30, 50 and 60 yards pins are on. I will let you guys know that when I have time to shoot again. So today I decided to call Hawke to see what they had to say.. I chose option 2 (sales and tech support I don't remember the name they gave of the guy I talked to I think it was Brian) I explained to him what I had and what was going on. He told me they could have numbered the ring 1-whatever as an indicator for sighting in but decided to try and use the fps method instead. He said that tells me your bow is shooting 315 fps at the muzzle?????? I said that can't be it was chronographed at over 360fps. He then said well just remember those fps markings are just a reference point.. OK so my pins for 30, 50 and 60 should be close? And he said they should be right on if not a small amount off if you do indeed have 20 and 40 secured. So bottom line is I will shoot it asap and find out so I can let you guys know.. EITHER WAY THIS THING IS THE MOST ACCURATE BOW I HAVE EVER SHOT! Just need to find those pins a home in the scope!

Experience the Xtreme!

"your a daisy if ya do"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 12:54 AM

Re: Hawke XB-30 Questions/ comments.

I have the Tornado with the supressors and the xb-30 and am a new fan of Parker.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 04:34 AM
Frequent Contributor

I haven't shot the xb30 yet. I shoot the hawke mr scope. I am extremely happy with my Parker Tornado. Then again my opinion is biased because I'm on their field staff. Glad to hear your both happy with your Parker Xbows.

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 04:35 AM
Frequent Contributor

Trapper shoot different dots. That crossbow is so accurate you will destroy all your bolts in no time even at 40 or 50 yards.

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

50 60 yards I'm happy to be dialed in at 40 .. can't shoot past 35 anyway in woods...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceRack!
50 60 yards I'm happy to be dialed in at 40 .. can't shoot past 35 anyway in woods...
That depends on the woods. I am fine with a 40 yarder angled the right way all day long with a compound let alone a xbow. Shooter confidence has a lot to do with longer shots. and practice.

Experience the Xtreme!

"your a daisy if ya do"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page