New to Xbows-- HELP - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

New to Xbows-- HELP

I hunted for 40 years with bows but never a xbow . Thinking about it now and using some of my SS $ for it.
I've been looking into Parker bows and Bowtech's Stryke Force.
One question I do have is 'will Parkers scopes fit on the Stryke Force'??
Didn't find a tread on this.
Any input or advice is greatly appreciated!
PLZ fill me in on the in and outs of xbows--- i'm in need of an education.
The only thing I know for sure after shooting my buddy's a few times is to keep my darn thumb down!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: New to Xbows-- HELP

I haven't had the time to really sit down and shoot my brand new cyclone yet but what little I have shot you will HAVE to pick out a target with multiple dots to shoot at or make your own! You do not want to sit and try to shoot a group too often as you will trash every bolt you have! I can't give you any ideas on the scope question as I have a Hawke XB-30 on and it is CRYSTAL CLEAR! I think you should also consider a crank style cocker after shooting mine about 18 shots yesterday I couldn't imagine trying to pull it back in a tree if by some freak chance you would "miss". Maybe some do it with out any problems but I am not going to take a chance looking like a monkey swinging around in a tree! Look up Arrowhead, he can answer most any question you have. I spoke with him on the phone for nearly an hour before I decided to make the 2 hour trip to somerset instead of buying off my local guy! I AM GLAD I DID!

Experience the Xtreme!

"your a daisy if ya do"
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Both use a weaver style rail, so the scopes should fit. The Parker Pin point and Hawke XB-30 are basically the same scope with different reticles. Both are excellent scopes, very bright and clear. The Pin point needs to be dialed to the range of the target, the XB-30 has lighted crosshairs for 20,30,40,and 50 yards; and a mark for 60 yards. Perfect for use with bows that shoot from 210-360 f.p.s.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Thanks-
I was looking at a scope that has x hairs and you can use it with or with out a lighted dot made by Parker, new this year?
What is your opinion on the Stryke Force compared to the Parker Buck Buster or Cyclone / Tornado. I like my Bowtech/ Diamond Liberty. I like the binary cam system and the pistol grip forearm on the SF. Is the draw lenght of 15" much of an advanage as compared to the 12"?
Do you sell Bowtech?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

That would be the new Pin Point Scope by Parker.
I sell both brands.

The 15 inch power stroke of the Stryke Force is an advantage. Is it worth it? I'm not sure it is. Let me explain why I feel that way. Both are about equal when it comes to width with the edge going to the Stryke Force. Weight advantage goes to Parker's Tornado, with the Stryke Force and Cyclone being about equal. Balance advantage goes to Parker for the Cyclone or Tornado. The longer power stroke of the Stryke Force makes it front heavy. To me that is a huge issue. (I don't like front heavy bows)

It seems you are looking for a really fast, high performance bow. Have you looked at the Scorpyd? It is one of the fastest bows I have ever shot and it is very quiet for a crossbow. Worthy of a look for sure.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Frequent Contributor

Your overlooking the best crossbow>>>>>>>EXCALIBUR!!!!!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I had an excalibur, One day we stopped in Cabelas and I picked up every crossbow they had. Now i am the owner of a Parker Tornado. It was the best feeling bow I picked up. If you can get to a cabelas do the same. I do not like cb scopes. i put a 3x9 40mm bushnell muzzleloader scope on mine and I love it. I also got the wife a Parker enforcer for about 2/3 of the price, Nice bow also, Both shoot 1 inch groups at 25 yards.
Good luck deciding, Stan
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 11:26 PM
New Arrival

I have an Excal vortex and love it. Accurate,fast,light and simple with a lifetime warranty. Can do all my own string changes without a press. That can come in handy in the Field.

Sully
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowhead
The longer power stroke of the Stryke Force makes it front heavy. To me that is a huge issue. (I don't like front heavy bows)

It seems you are looking for a really fast, high performance bow. Have you looked at the Scorpyd? It is one of the fastest bows I have ever shot and it is very quiet for a crossbow. Worthy of a look for sure.
Now you did it! something more to consider-- never knew about Scorpyd until now. I look it up on the net, very interesting to say the least.

I like front heavy rifles so the SF might be good there.

Too many times I have bought the "cheaper models' of guns, bows, etc only to be not satisfied a couple seasons later ,then getting the better one. I'm just not educated enought about CB's to know if there is that much difference in a $600 CB and a $1000 CB. Is the accuracy about the same on fast bows as 330ftsec ones??

With archery bear season being 5 days next year, I would like to get one with an arrow like my buddy I took to camp last year. i've been close twice but not enought to chance a shot.

i had some shoulder problems last year and i don't want to miss out if it comes back. [don't try cutting wire cable with a hack saw.]

You guys are really helpful---thanks---
I guess I better find some place to let me shoot some of these bows.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 12:27 AM

Shoot as many as you can then call Mike aka Arrowhead.I just bought an Axiom for my son from him.Very pleased.His service is second to none.If you shop the net you need to contact he manufacturer in the event of a problem.Mike appears to do that for you.He went out of his way to find a Horton part for a member during archery season and he doesn't sell them.By the way any quality modern crossbow will kill a bear.I prefer Excalibur and I gave my son the choice of his crossbow.He picked an Excalibur himself.Was part of it to be like dad?Maybe I don't know but I showed him a few bows on the net and he chose the Axiom.My son and I may be the first to report on them on here.

Bob Seger,till it shines.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page