Strykezone380 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Strykezone380

Any input on this xbow, guys? This is my first xbow and I've heard different things about the limbs. The bow is crazy fast and accurate. Just looking for some feedback. I've had it for a few months and hunted this fall with it. Not one issue and took a doe in early archery with it. I got a new compound so i'm looking to move this on down the road. I just don't know much about it or xbows in general and was hoping to have info for somebody who may be interested in the xbow.

I survived The Hallton Hilton!
Sportin' at the Wharton!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 03:09 PM

Re: Strykezone380

I believe BowTech warranties do not transfer from the original owner? The 380 has been plagued by limb problems. Has alot of nice features but they are not a bow I recommend for various reasons.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 04:24 PM
New Arrival

The limb problems occurred over a year ago (if not more). No one even stocks those old 380s anymore partially because all the "old" inventory has been fixed by BowTech and also because they sell so fast. What you'll see in stores are all new 380s.

I love the 380; it is really awesome and shoots dead-on straight out of the box.

I'm very suspicious of anyone who talks about the limb problems, because of what I said in the above paragraph.

It is like me saying because 1976 Ford F-150 had fuel tank problems so now 2013 models are bad too. That is just --.

“No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.” Thomas Jefferson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 04:29 PM

The new black limbs are still blowing. I know a few folks that are on their third set.

It was what it is. Some have not had problems, some have. As I said, these bows have a lot of nice features but the limb issues, recent safety issues, customer service issues along with Bowtech's business model of catering to the vertical crowd and treating the crossbow crowd as second class citizens adds up to a company that I will not support nor recommend at this time.

Maybe that will change?

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 04:30 PM

The 350 has been a reliable bow and is plenty fast enough.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 04:35 PM
New Arrival

I tore up my strings in the 380 due to my error (as described in another post) and the dealer replace the entire crossbow with no questions asked. They could have said "no" because it was caused by user error but they stood behind their product.

“No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.” Thomas Jefferson
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I've sold a few of the 380's and the 350's this year. All had issues....every single one of them. (the 350's are not immune) All were made between 01/12 and 07/12. Issues were limbs, triggers and arrow retention levers. You will have to cull arrows for the 380 as it doesn't like any arrow I've tried to date.

If you got a good one, you likely love it, but if you get a bad one you are going to hate it. Last guy here with a broken SZ 380 (one week old) traded it on a Barnett Vengence. No problems or issues since.

If it sounds like I'm downing the Strikezone, I'm not. I own one and shoot it once in a while. The limbs crackle every time I cock it, so I don't shoot it often as I'm resonably certain it's going to blow up. I just keep a Ten Point as a backup, so I know I have a bow to shoot if I need it. If the SZ 380 was as reliable as a Ten Point and had a stock one inch longer, it would be a force to be reckoned with.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page