Timbertall Treestands - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Timbertall Treestands

The brute light is the one I am looking at.
Any one have one? How do you like it? I need something lite to carry as a few health problems restrict me. Any advise as to what is lite and good?

Thanks, Stan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Timbertall Treestands

I dont think they get much lighter than a lonewolf...and if they do, I doubt they match a lonewolf's quality. I know they are expenseive but will be satisfied.

Most people are a lap down in life!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 11:33 AM
dce
Sage

I own both and my Lone wolf is the one I use.The TT actually is lighter but it doesn't carry as nice as the LW.Nothing wrong with a TT but the LW is much better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Frequent Contributor

I have the legend lite and love it. I walk a good mile up the mountain every morning where I hunt and never mind it on my back. My father is 69 and has the brute lite and I know he wouldn't trade it for the world, and yes sorry but by all means the quality is there and the comfort for that all day sit.

Last Chance Camp Bradford County Pa. Cherish The Moments Lost My Stuff Group www.lostmystuff.net
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 01:13 PM
dce
Sage

I'm not bashing the stands at all.I think they're decent.I actually have a legend brute lite and a baby lite.I gave the brute lite to my BIL a couple years ago when he started bowhunting again.The baby lite I use during rifle season because it has a rifle rest on it.They're lite but they aren't as light as they advertise.Still,they're lighter than just about anything else out there.I do like them for hunting with a rifle because of the rest,you have a place to lay your gun on and they're plenty comfortable.They aren't my first choice for bowhunting however.I hate having a bar around me when I bowhunt.I also like the fact that I can set up my lw and get 20 feet in the air much more quiet and fast.The LW is actually a little heavier but they pack so nice,that they just feel lighter than they are.I think a TB would be a real good choice for use with a crossbow.

I only use the TT for rifle season but it will be a good climber when my son is old enough to use it.Nothing at all wrong with them.I'm glad I have one but it won't replace my Lone wolf.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 12:30 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

i have a timbertall and love it . lighter then lonewolf and cheaper !
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 05:18 PM
New Arrival

I've used a treelounge for a number of years now and really like it. Super light (don't know how it compares to others though), easy to climb with, and pretty comfy, though every year I swear I'm going to get my daughter to sew me a pad for it. It has a number of attachments- rifle rail, gun rest, bow stand, etc. Since I've only used it for rifle, I tried to keep it a light as possible and left most of the extras off, only keeping the gun rest.

Moving into crossbows this year! Excited to get to deer season again!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have 7 tree stands. The Brute is the one I use to carry in and hunt public lands, where I carry in and out the same day. Light and easy, been using it about 8 years since my open heart surgery.

I'm not sure I like the self-leveler. Doesn't hurt but I usually get them level without it.

Never thought of the Timbertall as cheaper than anything!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page