Parker Enforcer on the way!!! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
RB
Sage

Parker Enforcer on the way!!!

Well the family was wondering who I was talking to for so long out on the deck last night, but they were VERY happy to find out when I came in that a second Parker crossbow is joining the family aresnal this week.

Had a great discussion with arrowhead last night on all sorts of topics about hunting, at the end of which was a box being filled with all sorts of goodies:

Parker Enforcer 160 with the Hawke multi-rectical optic,
18 victory bolts,and the string surppressor set for our one year old Tornado which we are nuts about and looking to make even a little better(with the surpressors and victory shafts)

Going to get some more broadheads and lit nocks this summer as we switch over to hunting practice mode so we can find those pass thrus a little easier than last year buried in the leaf clutter and maybe even follow that shot with the naked eye.

Last year I found myself with more willing/practiced hunters than crossbows on a couple Fall Saturdays, although a good problem to have I vowed not to be in that situation this year, especially with a rookie hunter in my daughter, so a top priority was to find another treestand friendly crossbow that had great accuracy, lighter weight, and easier cocking than the Tornado. The plan now is I hope my wife and 12 year old daughter could have a crossbow in one stand , while the son and I could have one in another (or vice versa), and this scaled down Tonrado version fit the bill almost as if Parker knew what my family needed this year.

In addition to the bow season prep, I got a nice Gamo Big Cat 1200 air rifle yesterday from Cabela's ,I need to sight in yet, and I hope it gets thousands of rounds thru it this summer from my youngest child (7) to me...ALL OF US can improve our rifle skills with this gun. Then for the daughter it will be onto the Rem .22 bolt in summer, then onto the H&R single shot .243 by rifle season. Joey will have to settle for graduation to the Henry .22 mini bolt in 2010 and paper and aluminum targets, at least one more year for him as spectator in the stand.

Good times ahead...along with a report on the Enforcer and how it compares to the Tornado. Looking forward to a summer of shooting, and what I hope is a Fall full of gripping and grinning for the troops.

i would of went with another Tornado, but after arrowheads reports, and the fact that I need to still get an in-line ML and another deer rifle this year I need to save a little where I can.

GO TEAM!!! 2010 a year of the backstraps and boneheads (meaning bucks not my family ) !

I hope to report in on all the practice rounds and hunting excursions, like always, the uncontrolable world around us may want 2010 to be another bad year in American's lives, but I want it to be another good one in ours. Hunting means more than it ever has to the average joe Amercian family, so see ya out there and please get your kids outdoors.

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Parker Enforcer on the way!!!

Rb, I'm guessing you like the parkers, I don't know anything about them and I'm thinking about buying another CB. I had a 10 point years ago, can't remember the exact model now, but it was before talk of them becoming legal in Pa. A friend of mine who had shot it, kept badgering me about selling it to him so he could use it out of state and I did. I might have to give these parkers a shot. Goodluck with the new CB and kids.

Who is John Galt?

Nothing like a good bird dog and a fine shotgun.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
RB
Sage

Thanks!

To be fair the only other crossbow I ever shot or handled was a Excaliber , and although I would of liked it for myself, it felt too big for my kids and seemed too wide for two in a ladder stand or a pop-up blind so the Parker jumped out and I never looked back.

Accuracy, speed, and two deer dropping in 20 yards last year with well placed shots, one from a nervous 12 year old and one from a calm 41 year old , I have no reason not to like them or tinker around with others, nothing but accuracy on the range, and short bloodtrails in the field.

I HIGHLY recommend talking to arrowhead on any brand (be sure to set aside a good hour though cause the education is free .. and not just because he supports this site , but becasue he test shoots all that he carries, finds the right combos and I think has earned his "doctorate" in the science of crossbows from that time he puts in. It is my understanding that Parker prices will be the same everywhere...so why not buy from a guy on HPA everyday and has that much knowledge, that is alot of value-added for nothing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Whats he selling the Buck buster 175 for do you know?

Who is John Galt?

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Nevermind I found him and his link to website. hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm

Who is John Galt?

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Frequent Contributor

Rooster Booster that is an outstanding family photo. Brown Trout It depends which scope you buy it with Brown trout
Here are the prices for the Buckbuster 175
$599.95 Outfitter with 3 Dot (Red/Green) Scope

$599.95 Outfitter with 3X Multi-Reticle Scope

$649.95 Outfitter with Illuminated Multi-Reticle Scope

$799.95 Outfitter with Pin Point Scope

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
RB
Sage

Quote:
Rooster Booster that is an outstanding family photo.
Thanks it was an outstanding family day!!!

I still owe you a phone call, i did not forget..maybe if Tball practice gets rained out tonight...

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I have an enforcer and its great, Light, nice trigger, shoots awsome.
Good luck, Stan
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
RB
Sage

Thanks Stan, always good to hear positive reinforcement on a purchase like this. i can't wait for it to get here...lots of boxes being delivered this week because of the tax refund, been fun and we have not even got to the shooting yet .

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 08:31 PM

good luck with the bow I have an enforcer on the way as well

"A mans ego is a helluva weight for a little hound to have to carry"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page