Testing the Cyclone Express 175 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Testing the Cyclone Express 175

I got some time yesterday to test my new crossbow. I have a Cyclone Express 175 in A-Tac camo. First impressions are that it is very fast. It shot 364 - 368 f.p.s. through my chronograph using our custom Victory arrows. I had groups that had all three arrows touching at 20 yards. The Fusion vanes held up to the abuse of being hit, the nocks didn't do so well and I'll be replacing a few.

I really like the string stoppers as they cut the noise and vibration to a tolerable level. There is still a hint of vibration in the foot stirrup and a pair of Limbsaver split limb Quads has taken care of that.

The serving wear was a bit more than I expected it would be. I got 60 shots from the factory serving. I replaced it with Halo and it appears to be doing better, but this is a high performance bow and I don't expect more than 100-200 shots from the Halo servings. You get the speed but give something up for it. (there is always a trade-off) I've got some ideas for serving that I will be testing on this bow.

Overall, it's a very accurate, very fast high performance bow. It is quiet for the speed it produces. The trigger is same as last year. All Parker models use the G2 trigger box and it's as good as most crossbow triggers.

I may be switching back to the Tornado. I still like it better and I'm not sure the Cyclone is going to "grow" on me. I thought it would, but the more I shoot it, the more I wish for my old Tornado. It is more of a personal thing than anything else. I absolutely love the feel and balance of the Tornado and it's stock. The Cyclone is not as comfortable to shoot and is just a bit front heavy. Nothing like last years model, but still noticable and not as user friendly as the Tornado. Time will tell and there is much more testing to come.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 08:15 PM

Re: Testing the Cyclone Express 175

Yep, quite a bit of serving wear on the factory string after 50 shots or so from my 08 Cyclone. High speeds come with a price. Probably why moderate speeds seem to be what the customer demands.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page