Arrow Test Results - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Arrow Test Results

I tested crossbow arrows.I used an Excalibur Exocet 200 for testing and 2 people shot the bow.Arrows tested were Firebolts,GT2 Laser Gold tips and Victory.Based on testing you can throw away any Firebolts you own.I have no idea how Excalibur tested and recommends them.To the point here GT's flew okay but the tightest groups were by far with Victory arrows with 2" vanes.I tried them with 4" vanes and lost a 1/4" at all ranges which happens to be 20-30 and 40 yards verified with a quality laser range finder.If I had Gt arrows already I would keep them.The Victory arrow would be the best to replace them with.The Victory arrows hit directly where intended the Gt arrows were off but may still kill a deer.If anyone wants my Firebolts pay the shipping and they are yours.I'm going to get some Victory arrows with 2" vanes.The accuracy of the Victory trumps the other 2 I tested.As a side note the GT's don't hit to point of aim at 40 yards.They were low and that was unexpected.The Victory arrows grouped at 1 3/8" at 40 yards.That works for me.

Bob Seger,till it shines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 08:36 PM

Re: Arrow Test Results

I'm going to be ordering Victory arrows from arrowhead shortly. He highly recommends them and it's good to see your tests confirm it. Can't wait to shoot them from my new Terminator!
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Frequent Contributor

I tested them .......not even close to old gt2s ....both my buddy and i tried several different vanes/weights ..i shoot a exocet 200 he shoots a relayer. both bows big wide open groups. at all yardages. they may weight the same[gpi] as old gtlazer2s they dont fly like them. i glad that they work for you....by buddy has some for sale!!!! 12 total
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Frequent Contributor

That's kinda weird, (unofficial)word is the victory's ARE the old gt's? Something about how they bought the stuff or something? Read that on A.T. a while ago anyway.....

"Be who you are and say what you feel, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Frequent Contributor

Im in the process of building my next group of bolts.....when there done...ill try them...take photos...show results...i know what my old gt2s can do...Triple banana....lets see what the new ones will do... that would be vapors...made by gold tip......not victory in carisbacl ca made in Orem Utah...home of gold tip ill put money on these bolts........
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Right after i got my exocet with gt's, I ordered a dozen more to make myself. Well I quickly found that they changed the diameter from 343 to 336 so I found my reason as to why mine were not as good as the old ones. I got a parker tornado and they do not want any arrows under 344 shot in their crossbows, In their manual. So I sold them and got VICTORY'S and they shoot good in all my friends bows too.
Stant
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

I took my testing very seriously.I am giving a fair report of my findings.I trust no one on here is calling me or my friend of 38 years liars.The Victory arrows work in an Excaliber Exocet 200.We shot from a bench with no mechanical help from any shooting vise.My friend stated the fact he liked most about Victory arrows is they hit the point of aim better than the others tested.Over 2" better than GT's actually.More than that with Firebolts.Those were at 40 yards.At 30 as one would assume it was less.If someone has an arrow for my bow that can group better than 1 3/8ths at 40 yards I need to see it in person not in photos.I have photos but didn't post them because a photo(still shot) can be taken at 10 yards and passed off as 40 yards.I wanted to avoid critisism.If anyone replying to this post actually sells archery products please speak up and show your face instead of hiding behind a screen name and disclaiming my findings.Those that find the info helpful believe me Victory arrows do work.As I said free Firebolts if you cover shipping.I won't pay you to take them I'll throw them away first.Maybe someone needs them to unload a bow.

Bob Seger,till it shines.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 03:15 AM
Frequent Contributor

I also love the victory's. I tested a batch from Arrowhead for the tornado. Best I have ever shot.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have to test them in an Ibex I just got in. If they do what I think they will, we will be releasing the Victory for the Excaliburs. They've shot amazing in every bow we tested them in. (including the regular arrows in vertical bows).

One of the reasons we haven't tested the Vapor shafts is that they are spined .500 and rated at 95-200 lbs. When we build arrows we have to build them for everyone. At a 200 lb. rating I feel they aren't suited to the Exomax and Equinox and they are at the upper limit for the Vortex and Exocet 200. They also don't come with brass inserts and if you add weight to the front of the shaft it has the effect of lessening the spine. A very dangerous combination in my humble opinion.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Frequent Contributor

Diablo666, im not calling you a liar... My friend didnt get these bolts from Arrowhead! i had him take apart 2 of these bolt to try to explain the reason for the groups .one of these bolts had a alloy insert...one had a brass insert... that might explain why they didnt group right! couldnt figure why any of them wouldnt shoot the same....makes sense now!! he is currently taking them apart to rebuild!! he called the company he bought them at and they said they would send him new inserts{brass]. there fletched with 4" duravanes right now. so maybee Arrowhead makes them right!! lesson learned! im going to go through this all again......hopefully with your end results!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page