finally broke down - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

finally broke down

I finally bought a crossbow after debating about it for a couple years. I picked up a Ten Point Titan Extreme with scope, quiver and accudraw. Best part is the regular price at Dunham's Sports was 799, but I had a coupon for 20% off, so I saved 160 bucks. It came with 3 bolts, but if anyone has suggestions on bolts and broadheads that will work with this crossbow, I would appreciate your input. Advice on a target that can stop these bolts would also be helpful. I'm new to this crossbow thing. Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 11:38 PM

Re: finally broke down

Great bow and welcome to the world of crossbows.

As far as targets. I am partial to Big Shot targets in general for bag targets but relaistically, any bag type target will work great for field tips. I have used a el cheapo for years and it still stops them from all of my bows. I think I paid 29.99 for it at either Dunhams or Dicks. For broadheads, I heartily suggest dropping $100 for a Rinehart.

Arrows, the factory arrows will work. TenPoint factory are pretty good. I like the arrow that forum sponsor Arrowhead builds for the TenPoint. Victory Xbolts fletched with 3 inch Fusions. Shoot a G5 Striker and you will be very happy. Order a dozen fromm him and the price will be comparable to the cost of a dozen arrows anywhere of good quality.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

dpms, thanks for your input. I have followed arrowheads info and advice on this forum for a long time. I have no doubt he knows way more about bows and crossbows than I ever will. I will have to contact him and order a dozen.

Can't wait to get out in the deer woods this fall with the new crossbow! It's sorta reinvigorating my enthusiasm to do a little more hunting. Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 12:30 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Ahhh......we knew you d cross the line......j/k....enjoy it brother its another world....their awesome weapons and a whole alotta fun to shoot!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 01:20 AM

You will not regret anything about your new Titan. TenPoint makes excellent crossbows. They're not heavy hogs like the other brands.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 09:57 PM

Good choice on the TenPoint. You'll enjoy the crossbow.

The older I get, the stronger gravity becomes.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Picked up a Rhinehart 18-1 target today at bass pro. Just over 100 bucks, but the sales guy told me it would take 200 shots a day for a year to wear it out! That might be slightly exxagerated, but it should last a long time. Gonna shoot the new bow this weekend, will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the input and comments...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

not exxagerated! They last a long time!

will hunt for food....
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Shot the new 10 point Titan Extreme today!! It really was a pleasure to shoot. Right out of the box it was hitting an inch low and two inches left at 20 yards. After a few tweaks on the scope, it was dead on at 20. Similar experience at 30 yards. Since the scope had a 50 yard dot, I thought I would try 1 shot at 50. Windage was dead on and the bolt struck the new Rhinehart target about 1 inch below my aiming point. Awesome bow and target. I let 3 other guys shoot it today and they were pleased with the way they shot. I think I made a good purchase!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teufel hunden
Shot the new 10 point Titan Extreme today!! It really was a pleasure to shoot. Right out of the box it was hitting an inch low and two inches left at 20 yards. After a few tweaks on the scope, it was dead on at 20. Similar experience at 30 yards. Since the scope had a 50 yard dot, I thought I would try 1 shot at 50. Windage was dead on and the bolt struck the new Rhinehart target about 1 inch below my aiming point. Awesome bow and target. I let 3 other guys shoot it today and they were pleased with the way they shot. I think I made a good purchase!

Life Memeber NRA
Life Memeber NAHC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page