good bolts? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

good bolts?

Hi all, I recently bought a used Barnett Predator and it had no bolts or quiver with it. I am new to crossbow hunting and was wondering if anyone that has one could recommend bolts that work well with this crossbow. Also is there a difference in half moon and flat knocks? Anyone have an idea where I can get a quiver? Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: good bolts?

Ebay.. for the quiver..easton powerbolts and make sure you put strong alumi nocks on the arrows....there's been a few issues with half moons breaking and creating dry fires....
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 03:44 PM

The Predator is a very high performance bow. In that case the best accuracy is gonna be with very stiff arrows. I would look at the Carbon Express Blue Streaks, Gold Tip Laser III and IVs, Easton FMJ, Aramid KVs. Cheaper, weaker arrows will work but your best accuracy is gonna come from stiff arrows with the proper wieght forward.

As far as nocks. There is a big differecne between flat and moon nocks. It is safe to shoot a moon nock out of any bow, but it is not safe to shoot a flat nock out of a bow that calls for moon nocks.

The Predator is known to be hard on strings. Inspect them thoroughly for fraying or wear beofre you shoot it. As for the quiver, Arrowhead hear can hook you up in a jiffy.

Best of luck with it and let us know your impressions once you get to some shooting.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Victory x bolts with 110 gr brass inserts, 100 gr slick tricks, Hard to beat,http://www.victoryarchery.com/carbon...-bolts/x-bolt/

Good luck, Stan
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I tested the Victory in that bow. Great shooting arrow for sure. I like the 92 grain brass insert in the 22 inch shafts that the Barnett uses, as they will balance the forward of center better. Be sure to get the three inch Fusion vanes so they clear the barrel channel. As DPMS said above the Gold Tip Laser IV are also a very good arrow in that bow. We have them for $6 each and you can order by calling 814-662-4321 Barnett uses moon nocks.

I like the Bohning Chameleon 3 quiver. Nice design and easy on and off. It has a hook to hang it up.

Check where the cables pass under the barrel to see if you have a white plastic cable slide. Some have them and some don't. You want one in there. It will save alot of wear and tear on your cables. You can call Barnett and they will send you one for free.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Thx for all the input guys. I truly appreciate it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 01:21 AM
Frequent Contributor

I love my Beman ICS Thunderbolts, 20". I used 100 grain field points and it only took 14 shots to sight in and shoot bullseyes at 20, 30, and 40 yards. $40 for 6 at Dick's.

Winchester M70 XTR Featherweight .30-06
Marlin 336CS .30-30
Beretta A300 Outlander 12 ga.
Mossberg International Silver Reserve II 12 ga.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page