Horton Fury - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Horton Fury

Has anyone shot the fury yet? What are your thoughts on it? How do you think it compares to a ten point stealth or turbo on speed,noise and vibration if loaded with a heavy arrow like an easton full metal jacket? Also what are your thoughts on full metal jackets? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Horton Fury

I shot it at the outdoors and sports expo here in Erie this past spring. NICE BOW! My old sales rep was there for my old store and I already knew they were going to have one there so I couldn't wait to shoot it. Not as quiet as the slower Hortons but it's also MUCH FASTER too! Very smooth with almost zero recoil and they did a good job of canceling out most of the vibration. As usual, excellent Horton trigger.

Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhouette Decoys Pro-Staff.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I tried to shoot one at the ATA show. They told me they were having an issue with the barrel to trigger junction. They were getting too much flex in that area and needed to fix it. I didn't get to shoot the bow. They estimated that it would be in production beginning of June.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 12:33 PM

Can't speak to the Fury but I can with the Full Metal Jackets. Been shooting them alot lately and if one likes a heavy arrow, as I do, then they are a great choice. Very stiff and consistant with great flight downrange as they hold their momentum well.

With the aluminum on the outside, pulling from targets is much easier than carbons as well. A great plus for me.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Banned

Fury is awesome, quiet and fast. My wife has the vision the fury I a little wider and longer, I ended up buying one which is in just waiting for the scope.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpms
Can't speak to the Fury but I can with the Full Metal Jackets. Been shooting them alot lately and if one likes a heavy arrow, as I do, then they are a great choice. Very stiff and consistant with great flight downrange as they hold their momentum well.

With the aluminum on the outside, pulling from targets is much easier than carbons as well. A great plus for me.
Gene, you have my attention with these arrows. I use the older GT2 arrows and they were heavier and thicker than the newer ones. Mine were the older USA made ones. These FMJ`s may be a great replacement once the old ones are used up. Your thoughts?

Life Memeber NRA
Life Memeber NAHC
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

The Gold Tip Laser III is very similar to the old Laser II's. Might be something you want to consider.

On the Easton FMJ's. I found they slow most bows down alot. Great for the really fast crossbows, but not so good for the slower ones. Very easy to pull from foam targets. They penetrate very well and carry momentum really good downrange. A good looking arrow too. I like the diamond plate pattern. Yardage estimation becomes critical with these, because of the weight. That is true with any archery equipment though.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 06:02 PM

Good point Mike!! I use a Excal Exocet 200, old GT2 arrows and WASPS Boss SST 100 heads. Great combo. Are the newer GT 3`s made in the USA again? Thanks.

Life Memeber NRA
Life Memeber NAHC
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octagon
Gene, you have my attention with these arrows. I use the older GT2 arrows and they were heavier and thicker than the newer ones. Mine were the older USA made ones. These FMJ`s may be a great replacement once the old ones are used up. Your thoughts?
With your Exocet, Jack, the FMJ are really gonna slow it down. Not a problem as you like to shoot close. Past 30 yards they are gonna really drop.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Honestly, I' m not exactly sure where they are currently made. I know they were made in Mexico for a while. Most all of them are built and wrapped in the U.S. and then sent offshore to begin the curing process.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page