Crossbow Magazine National Pop-Up Challenge - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Crossbow Magazine National Pop-Up Challenge

For Immediate Release:

The first annual Crossbow Magazine National Pop-Up Target Challenge will be held on Saturday July 21, 2012. The event will be held at the Shooting The X facility located at 233 Allen Road Carlisle, PA 17013.

This is a two person team event with over 50 pop up targets. Teams must be registered before July 14, 2012. Registration fee is $50.00 per team. Payouts will be determined by the number of teams participating and will be announced at a later date. To register for this event call Shooting The X at 717-254-1701.

This is the first crossbow event of its kind. Whether you're a professional staff shooter or a crossbow novice; Participate, represent and enjoy a day of crossbow camaraderie with a chance to win cash and prizes.

The entire event will be filmed and aired on the upcoming Crossbow Magazine show.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Crossbow Magazine National Pop-Up Challenge

Sweet...I might go and check it out sounds like a lot of fun...!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 02:52 PM

Might as well shoot it while you are there. I hope they have big backstops because without my rangefinder, the things around the target are more in danger than the target itself, LOL.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 10:01 PM

What kinda facility is it at? I have never been there before. Would it be a place that I could take the whole family? I am not really interested in shooting, but it might be fun to go watch.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 10:54 PM

No way, Craig. Aint gonna sit there and laugh at us without us being able to laugh at you.

Not sure of the venue. Tbrom should chime in when he gets a chance.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Currently the event is going to be held at an indoor archery range. (If we can get 100 or more two man teams to register we're going to move it to an arena.) There will be various size targets placed at various distances. The targets will either pop up and be stationary or pop up and start moving. The shooter will have a short time to judge the distance and fire before the target goes back down. After the shot, the shooter will step back to re-cock his bow and the other team member will step up and take their shot. The number of entrants will determine the number of rounds shot. Each shooter is guaranteed to shoot a minimum of 50 targets. By highest scores and process of elimination the top three teams will receive a payout and the top team will be named the champions. (It's a lot like the Buckmaster Challenge of the 90's)

I would like to invite everyone to participate. Nothing like this has ever been attempted with crossbows and there are not a lot of professional crossbow and staff shooters. Anyone of you could win it and become the first National Champion. I've already been contacted by one company that will pay the winning team an additional $700.00 if they win it with their equipment. (These special perks will be announced at a later date) Bragging rights could be huge. It really has the potential to become the premier crossbow target event in the Nation. It's our goal at CBM to continue to take the initiative in the sport and grow it at every level. We have to start some where with this event. Your participation will determine the success and future of the event.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page