Crossbow Weight??? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Crossbow Weight???

I have a Horton TRT Ultralight and my buddy has a Vision. I have never held a Vision or any of the new Horton's with a Reverse Draw but my buddy has held my TRT and says that his Vision feels lighter because it's balanced more like a rifle with the weight in back instead of it all out front? He also said that his Vision is A LOT more quiet. Any thoughts?

Life's Too Short To Put A Price on Fun!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 11:38 AM

Re: Crossbow Weight???

Your buddy is correct. The Vision balances very nicely because the weight is to the rear and it also happens to be the quietest crossbow I have shot. The Horton TRT is the loudest I have shot.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

I see that the Vision is gone and has been replaced by another that supposedly is the Vision with all the upgrades that the Vision was missing. It is called either the Havoc or Fury I think. Has anyone shot these yet? Looks like the Fury is the fastest and lightest....Still over 8# though. What does a Vision weigh?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 02:04 PM

The Havoc replaces the Vision. The Fury is a ways from production, so I was told. Some unresolved issues which is common when you push the speed envelope. I suspect the Havoc will be close to the Vision as far as weight.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

I am alway leary about buying the "first run" of anything but it seams that some of these models change so fast that all thats out are "first runs"??? Just about the time they get something right they change it.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 03:03 PM

I am always leary of products new for ____ that debut at a trade show in prototype or pre-production form. That leads me to believe it is the customer that will be testing the products.

At the ATA some manufacturers showed up with bows ready to go that have been tested already for upwards or two years. Others showed up with prototypes of thier new for 2012 bows. Which would you buy? I know which ones I would buy.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Today is arrowhead's birthday!

Almost every manufacterer had some crossbow at the ATA show that was in prototype stages. They all promised they would be releasing them this year. There is a whole list of bows that are having problems in the prototype stages. There is also a list of crossbows that have been in production for a year and are still having problems with limbs and other items.

I spent way too much time at this years ATA show, just trying to figure out who was telling the truth and who was having problems with thier bows. I know one company that will be shipping 2,500+ crossbows to Pa. later this season. When I visited that booth to shoot the model they are shipping, it laid there in pieces as it was having trigger issues.

I won't discuss alot of these issues in an open forum, as I still have to deal with some of these companies. I just can't name them. I will be getting some of these new bows in and testing them before I decide to stock them.

I'll take the risk and those that support me can have all the fun, shooting a crossbow they know is reliable.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page