The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Question for crossbow'ers only.

10K views 51 replies 32 participants last post by  hdt 
#1 ·
First off, I have nothing against them.

But my question is to the people that just started archery hunting and decided to pick up a crossbow. So here it is...

Did you ever want to try a longbow? What made you chose? And did you only come into archery becuase of the crossbow?

(this <u>IS NOT</u> a question for someone with shoulder problems or anything of that nature. I understand you can't pull a bow back, like I said earlier, I'm not against crossbows.)

#52 ·
Xbowkid said:
I only use the crossbow now because in the archer season I shot at a very nice 8 point a monster with compound bow the mission menace with weight turned all the way up and I hit it in the shoulder and hit the bone and stopped only 4inches into the buck. I also got shots at other Doe and buck and same thing. So now I'm using crossbow I got for Christmas this year.
If that is what happened with your bow, you needed better broadheads, not a crosbow. I had that happen many, many years ago on two deer. I shoot Muzzy now and the shoulder is not a problem-still passes through the deer, even though I try to shoot them just behind the front leg every time.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.