testing of 175 grains in enforcer - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
The Man

testing of 175 grains in enforcer

made a few shots today to make sure the enforcer would be on with 175 grains instead of the 100 grain feild points I had it dialed in with. heres the results from the quick 5 minute session.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: testing of 175 grains in enforcer

going to a heavier BH really only slows down your arrow, at the start....but it holds it's speed better down range over a lighter arrow with less drop, plus it gives higher KE down range over lighter arrow....i don't know why all these guys talk bout speed, speed, speed when a good solid heavy arrow will do a better job every time over any lighter arrow ....how many times have you heard there expandibles didn't open with a light arrows, put some weight behind that expandible and you will have no troubles ........bob

exocet w/STS, munch mount
boo string and trigger
2117 w/ blazer vanes and brass inserts
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
The Man

I was afraid that 175 grain feild tips would be a but much but there was little to no diffrence to them and 100grn feild tips. had some issues with the crosspro fx 100grn broadheads. so I wanted some thing heavier and it looks like ive found just what I was looking for,which is the slick trick xbow tricks. need to buy a broadhead target to shoot them on but the 175 grain practice tips that came with them have me very impressed so far. note that the group in the pic was standing freehand at 25yds, on a bench i would probably have been busting arrows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Regular Visitor

Turkey, I had the same results with my xbow. Increased the weight up front and my groups tightened up. I went with the Slick Tricks as well, and they worked great. Good luck and thanks for posting.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 05:08 PM

I shot the American Broadhead Company Bolt Sonic Broadheads this past season which are 150 grains. I was impressed with them. The groups were excellent even at long ranges.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by skin-man
Turkey, I had the same results with my xbow. Increased the weight up front and my groups tightened up. I went with the Slick Tricks as well, and they worked great. Good luck and thanks for posting.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspot
I shot the American Broadhead Company Bolt Sonic Broadheads this past season which are 150 grains. I was impressed with them. The groups were excellent even at long ranges.
you had a great season ,congrats again. them sonics look like a good solid broadhead.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Getting the correct forward of center is important. If the 175 grain heads are working well in your crossbow I wouldn't change a thing. But, I will offer a few suggestions and the reasons I think it might be better.

Strictly my opinion here, but I think that adding weight to the front of a shaft will only take us so far in finding what we are looking for. All you are doing, is basically changing the spine of the arrow to achieve a different result. There is a better way to get to what you are searching for. Please don't take this the wrong way as I'm trying to help and this is just a suggestion.

I've had some great results with this arrow and you might too. I glue a 10 1/4 inch peice of XX75 in 1915 spine into the front of a carbon shaft (I prefer Victory, but it will work in Gold Tip Laser II) just behind the brass insert. What you are creating is a dual spine arrow - stiff in the front and not so stiff in the back section. These are expensive to build but they will allow you to use an 85 grain broadhead. In my testing, I've found the 85 grain heads to be the most accurate. If your goal is to have the most accurate arrows with some added weight to maintain downrange energy they are worth building. Put some Blazer or Fusion vanes on them and walk them back to 100 yards just for fun. You will see what I mean.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
The Man

thanks for posting arrowhead, what have you found to be the most accurate factory arrows with no modifications?
you pretty much got it right, I was looking for a heavy well built broadhead to help retain down range energy and hit hard. I think I found what im looking for but in the near future I want to experement more with arrows to see if I can get some very impressive groups.
thanks again.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Regular Visitor

Great input Arrowhead.... Ya got my full attention and wanna know more, just like Turkey4life. Sounds like there alot of options out there for us and i think your the man we need to talk to.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page