Discharge your bow at days end - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
arrowhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Somerset Co./Elk Co.
Posts: 3,908
Back To Top
Discharge your bow at days end

Here is a new target that will hlep you discharge your bow at the end of the day. They tell me it will retail for $39.99

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
arrowhead is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boyertown , Berks Co. Pa.
Posts: 1,532
Back To Top
Re: Discharge your bow at days end

cool I'll have to look for it
John B. is offline  
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Part of the Community
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 149
Back To Top
Re: Discharge your bow at days end

i wonder how easy it is to remove your arrow
jerseyhunter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Senior Member
 
octagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pittsburgh,PA.
Posts: 12,594
Back To Top
Re: Discharge your bow at days end

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyhunter
i wonder how easy it is to remove your arrow
Yep, that is a good question, especially with a broadhead.

Life Memeber NRA
Life Memeber NAHC
octagon is offline  
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 02:00 PM
DJS
Frequent Contributor
 
DJS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Franklin County
Posts: 838
Back To Top
Re: Discharge your bow at days end

I dont own a crossbow but wouldnt u carry an arrow with a field tip to discharge it with?

Be yourself and no one can tell you that your doing it wrong!
DJS is offline  
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dallas, PA
Posts: 3,673
Back To Top
Re: Discharge your bow at days end

Yes. that's what I did when I came out of the woods this morning. I always keep a spare field tip in my pack in case I forget the target arrow. It's carrying the block target around for the discharge that's a bit awkward.

80% of Americans believe in miracles. The other 20% have been audited.
DadHuntsNow is offline  
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Senior Member
 
beagler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lackawanna County
Posts: 18,178
Back To Top
Re: Discharge your bow at days end

I'll stick with my cocking rope to let down at the end of each hunt, very easy.

Never Misses
beagler is offline  
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Frequent Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: sw Pa
Posts: 615
Back To Top
Re: Discharge your bow at days end

#1 reason i bought a excalibur crossbow! the rope cocker for let down..... before you get to the safety zone !!!!!!!!!!!!
secret is offline  
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Senior Member
 
octagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pittsburgh,PA.
Posts: 12,594
Back To Top
Re: Discharge your bow at days end

+2 on the rope cocker for my Excal. But some don`t have that luxury.

Life Memeber NRA
Life Memeber NAHC
octagon is offline  
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 12:16 AM
Part of the Community
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Central PA- Clinton County
Posts: 144
Back To Top
Re: Discharge your bow at days end

I believe you would use this when you get to your vehicle at the end of the hunt or if taking a break during the day. Safer than shooting a practice arrow in the ground. Again, keep it in your vehicle.

Interesting about the safety zone comment. Isn't the crossbow considered unloaded with the arrow removed from the rail? Similar to a muzzleloader with barrel loaded but no powder in the pan. You can carry it in a vehicle like that.





dcdc is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome